PDA

View Full Version : Anyone In South Carolina????

Radio Joe
10-07-2004, 12:50 PM
MAN AM I EVER BORED!!!!!!!!
:rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5 :rolleyes5

I moved to Laurens over a year ago from some BFE town in Michigan (Emmett). I have been staying pretty busy with radios and such, but there is absolutely nothing to do around here. I dont really drink (although I am considering changing that) and Im not really into sports. Is there anyone living around me somewhere just as bored as me that wants to do ANYTHING????????????

I'm just getting kinda tired of the same old boring stuff. My day job there is 3 employees including me.... neither of the other 2 would I hang out with outside of work. My wife's family lives close, but they are not really into.... Anything. There are no cool car shows, No cool places to hang out and I think the owner of Classic Cars of Carolina is getting tired of seeing me wandering around the yard and not buying anything :dunno:

I left ALL my friends and family in MI to start a new life here in SC... so maybe I am a little home sick, but I miss calling up a buddy and hanging out, wrenching on each others cars ya know... the normal stuff ya do with your friends. Anyone got any ideas????

Bill Howell
10-12-2004, 02:11 PM
Joe,
Sorry to hear things are slow in Laurens. I used to live in Macon, Ga. and I know what you mean about nothing happening. I moving to Pigeon Forge, Tn 8 years ago and have never looked back. I guess we are the car show capital of the southeast. Unfortunally, the season is about gone. The Grand has a small show this weekend and there will be cars here. I'm going to Orlando,Fl. to the world finals myself this weekend. You are not far from here and alot of people from your area come to the two grand runs each year.Don't forget about Turkey Rod Run in Daytona at thanksgiving. Other than that we'll all have to wait for spring. Maybe you need a winter project- that always brings out the gearheads in the area when they hear about something going on.
Good Luck,

dennis68
10-12-2004, 05:45 PM
I spent some time in SC, unfortunatley there was lots for us to do----on base. Didn't get into town much so I can't help. Beautiful state though, except fot those damn fire ants.

Radio Joe
10-13-2004, 12:16 PM
Well I found out there is a Good Guys show ove rthe halloween weekend in Charlotte.... I am definitely going on Saturday!

I hae the Corvair to work on, but most of my tools are still in storage in MI (hopefully get them soon) so I cant really do any body work and such.... I can keep filling that left front tire that goes flat every 2 days... thats a sense of accomplishment! :sleeping:

When I lived in MI I hated Mosquitos... Still do, but Fireants suck!!!!!! I will be out in the yard in some sandles... all of a sudden my feet start burning... look down and Im standing in a fireant hill. Usually they are huge and you can see them, but not always.... Have my lawn care time is spend poisoning them.

Anyway... I'll keep my eyes open but it looks like for a good time I'll have to hit the road.

indyjps
10-17-2004, 06:04 PM
hit the back roads and find some iron, gotta be some cars or junkyards lurking around there somewhere.

Radio Joe
10-17-2004, 07:21 PM
Yeah I am constantly looking in backyards and such for old cars. Disappointingly there isnt as many cars hiding in the weeds as Deliverance would make ya think :rotfl:

I have found a few cars I would like to get my hands on but so far havent found any that anyone wants to part with. I keep looking though.