PDA

View Full Version : Malfunction light problems...

protour_chevelle
03-12-2006, 06:59 PM
I hooked up a LED for my malfunction light... Ran the proper resistor for it aswell. It worked for a good month(just turning the key to the on position) then today it stopped working... I took the LED off to make sure that it still works and it does. The only changes I made today was weld a piece on the firewall, and added a ground strap from the engine to frame along with hooking up all of the other harness grounds.... I checked to make sure if I caught any wires with the heat(welder) or grinding(with the grinder... All off the wires for the malfunction light are in perfect working order....

What else can I add. I turned the key on and put a tester on the wire coming off of the ECU, the wire on the factory harness, not the length I had to add on and I get nothing.

Also with the Drive By wire TB.... When the key is on the "On" position but the engine isn't running the TB should not move when the pedal is moved correct?

Thoughts?

-Matt

WS6
03-13-2006, 05:29 PM
correct. TP(throttle position) should respond if you check it with a scanner but the throttle body motor will not respond if the car is simply in the on position.

what did you use to make the drive by wire work at the gas pedal?

as for your light. i have no idea. im fighting something similar on my car with my alarm LED but i believe my BCM is now no good for some reason.

protour_chevelle
03-13-2006, 07:48 PM
correct. TP(throttle position) should respond if you check it with a scanner but the throttle body motor will not respond if the car is simply in the on position.

what did you use to make the drive by wire work at the gas pedal?

as for your light. i have no idea. im fighting something similar on my car with my alarm LED but i believe my BCM is now no good for some reason.

Well I found out the PCM problems.... The welding killed it. It was plugged in and ground. My spark worked before... I just check it and its gone. Sucks major ass but learned a lesson(that I already knew dangit!).

I am using the factory pedal from the truck... Had to cut it down and shorten it to length.

-Matt

WS6
03-14-2006, 04:28 PM
well at least youve found the problem. that was a good idea to use the pedal from the truck. is it over sensitive to throttle input?

protour_chevelle
03-15-2006, 12:48 PM
well at least youve found the problem. that was a good idea to use the pedal from the truck. is it over sensitive to throttle input?

Couldn't tell you. Havn't started the car yet let alone driven it. I'm very curious to know how it works out...

-Matt