PDA

View Full Version : seat brackets for corbeau.

dougs68ss
03-11-2006, 11:27 AM
has anybody used the wedgeengineering seat brackets yet? it seems that the corbeau are a tad too tall. my head scrapes the headliner, legs are kissin the steering wheel. anybody whos used wedge, let me know if it fits better or altered the corbeau brackets to work. thanks

arizen
03-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Wedge Engineering makes most of Corbeau brackets as well as Sparco, Recaro and many others. What car do you have brackets for?

Mark

dougs68ss
03-11-2006, 03:08 PM
68 camaro, using corbeau trs with leather, i was asking because wedge is only a half hour drive from me. thanks mark,

4MuscleMachines
03-11-2006, 03:13 PM
Call Wedge to verify, last time I asked them the same question and they told me have a custom set that is lower than the Corbeaus they make.

arizen
03-11-2006, 07:43 PM
A number of customers have installed seats with flat sliders using flat plates mounted across the sliders like shown below. This is a less expensive option that sits the seat as close to the floor as possible on a vehicle with a flat floor under the seat like the Camaro. A template would need to be made to mark the hole pattern in the floor. It may not work on all aftermarket seats depending the distance apart between the sliders.

http://www.arizenracingsports.com/images/FloorPlates.jpg