PDA

View Full Version : West coast tour?

Reckn8
10-07-2004, 09:28 AM
Does anyone know what the latest story is on this proposed west coast tour for those of us that don't want to drive to Florida?

harshman
10-07-2004, 09:59 AM
If you are referring to the Pacific Coast Power Cruise - we are going to pre trip the tour this month. The feedback is outstanding and we are planning on it in march-may. There have been some magazines that have shown interest and I think we have a confirmed spot in Vegas for the final show. Once the tour is mapped out, we will start planning events i.e. tours, shows, racing etc. Any questions, email me at [email protected]

Reckn8
10-08-2004, 01:25 PM
Sounds good. Thanks for the update.

Pro-touring towncar
10-10-2004, 06:35 PM
I am looking forward to info on this. I may make the trip west to join the fun.

Tim

TonyL
10-10-2004, 07:16 PM
John Hunkins over at PHR is interested. be sure to email him a list of events when you have it.

socalfandabodys
10-10-2004, 07:40 PM
Can you do it someotime in april. Thats when my spring break is. If so I will be forever grateful :worship:

harshman
10-11-2004, 07:58 AM
You got a point there. When is spring break for most universities?

jonny51
10-11-2004, 08:02 AM
Yeah April-May the later the better LOL

Pro-touring towncar
10-13-2004, 06:37 AM
Yeah April-May the later the better LOL

Even early June would be good for me as I have 3 kids in school.

Tim

MStennes
10-17-2004, 06:56 AM
Sooooooooooo, I have been to tired to spend anytime on the computer laely, I have been trying to get my car done for snow!!! LOL Anyway I'm stoked for the West Coast tour but where is it, from where to where? I live in Washington so I'm planning on it. Any closer ideas on the dates? Late May,, June or July, early Augest would be good for us convertable owners.
Thanks,
Mike

hugger_sixty_nine
10-17-2004, 02:29 PM
I didn't know you guys had this thread going until Charlie mentioned it in a post I ran on the Team Camaro site. I had started a post asking people what they thought of a power tour from California up the coast and into Canada and the response so far has been good.

There are a lot of Canadians in and around the Rocky Mountian cities that would like to be included. That makes for an awesome cruise up the Pacific Coast highway through Northern California, Portland, Seattle, and into Vancouver. We also have the biggest party on earth every July with the Calgary Stampede and most replies were cool with it winding up here during stampede.

I was going to contact a few magazines and corporate sponsors so if there is a chance to integrate then I'm all for it. If your tour stops short of the North West then I will get one started that covers the tri state area and into Canada. That makes for a great 6-7 Day cruise from CA to Canada. Email me if you have interest.

The team camaro post is on the following thread.

http://www.camaros.net/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/2/9667.html?

Pro-touring towncar
11-25-2004, 08:38 AM
Any more word on this???? It would be closer for me to go to the west coast than to WI and wind up in FLA.

Tim

socalfandabodys
11-25-2004, 10:11 AM
can it satrt in southern cali and we can pick up people as we move up north

Zefhix
11-25-2004, 01:23 PM
I know the official starting piont will probably be in So. cali (although a few of us will start in veags) then up North through Tahoe, over to Reno and then ending in Vegas....Andy will probably post up more on this as I think he was supposed to scout the route not too long ago.

Foudie
11-26-2004, 02:18 PM
I know the official starting piont will probably be in So. cali (although a few of us will start in veags) then up North through Tahoe, over to Reno and then ending in Vegas....Andy will probably post up more on this as I think he was supposed to scout the route not too long ago.

Andy talked with the Edelbrock crew at SEMA and is coordinating a start point at their facility. I think he said he talked with Hunkins about the magazine rolling with us as well. We have scouted part of the trip but still need to finish up the last part of the cruise which as Zefhix mentioned is down from Reno/Tahoe and ending up in Vegas. Andy is more hands on with this than I am, I will give him a call and see if he can post any more updates.

Brad

DarkBuddha
12-21-2004, 09:24 AM
I'm not sure if this will carry much weight, but it might be nice to start up north... Say Portland or Seattle, which might attract more Canadian cars and pacific northwesterners. Besides, half of Portland and Seattle are just California transplants at this point anyway. :squint:

Foudie
12-21-2004, 10:31 AM
I'm not sure if this will carry much weight, but it might be nice to start up north... Say Portland or Seattle, which might attract more Canadian cars and pacific northwesterners. Besides, half of Portland and Seattle are just California transplants at this point anyway. :squint:

The problem is that the majority of the people that want to go on the cruise are from the southwest so it would be a tough sell to start in the Pacific Northwest. We will be as far north as Northern California so all are welcome to join in along the way. In addition to logistics, Edelbrock is tenitively our starting point which is close to San Diego, as well as PHR which is hopefully going to be joining us. For more info email Andy at [email protected].

Brad

DarkBuddha
12-21-2004, 06:46 PM
The problem is that the majority of the people that want to go on the cruise are from the southwest so it would be a tough sell to start in the Pacific Northwest. We will be as far north as Northern California so all are welcome to join in along the way.
I totally understand... Certainly starting in Portland or Seattle would add another 2 days to the cruise, which might make it a bit long too. Heck, if there are enough folks from up north than wanted to do it, a southbound group could organize itself.

Pro-touring towncar
12-21-2004, 10:03 PM
MMMM San diago to vegas via reno? might be a good run. I haven't been farther west than SLC. Plus ending at vegas would be closer to home. All we need to do is look at dates. I am open most anytime( provided I get the front end fixed, Damn deer)

Tim

ALLACTIONMAN
01-05-2005, 09:21 AM
Wow, I am 110% ready for this !!!
I go on some vintage rallys in no-cal & it is beautiful...Reno I have not been to in about 13 years as I was transplanted to the east coast for a 12 year hiatus.
Back in so-cal & ready to ROCK 'N' ROLL !!!
:cheers:

Steve1968LS2
02-06-2005, 10:35 AM
John Hunkins over at PHR is interested. be sure to email him a list of events when you have it.

That makes two of us that are interested!! I would LOVE a west coast tour!

Sign me up :)

Zefhix
02-06-2005, 11:52 AM
That makes two of us that are interested!! I would LOVE a west coast tour!

Sign me up :)

Andy will be in Cali this week to show off his brand new Nittos to the crowd at the Winternationals in Pamona. Maybe he'll be doing more scouting then.
:drive2: <-- wait, that was last week with the brake pedal lock :spank2:

socalfandabodys
02-06-2005, 12:54 PM
What are the proposed dates for the tour. I live about 45 mins from edelbrock so it should be fun

Pro-touring towncar
03-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Any word on this?????

Tim