PDA

View Full Version : 1969 Camaro full quarters

yortls6
03-10-2006, 06:54 PM
Is this situation unusual?

I ordered both quarters from a reputable parts dealer (I hate to say which one until I get this resolved) and I received one OER panel and one Goodmark panel. They are very similar but there are a couple of minor differences.

I just received them so I don't know about the fit of either panel. The OER panel looks like a better quality piece. The Goodmark panel even has several pinholes in the finish. They don't go through the metal but without sanding the black finish off I can't tell how bad they are. They almost look rusty.

I think I'm going to send the Goodmark panel back and request another OER panel and I hope I don't have to pay for shipping.

Would you guys put two quarter panels from different manufacturers on your cars? They are definitely from different sources.

I'm not that happy with them right now.

Troy

Whistler
03-12-2006, 10:35 PM
As long as there was no damage to either one I wouldn't worry about it. Neither one is going to fit exactly like an original and is going to require a decent amount of work to install and fit properly. Is the metal the same gauge for both manufacturers?

yortls6
03-13-2006, 04:23 PM
The metal is the same gauge for both panels. The OER panel has a reinforcement plate over the corner bumper hole and the Goodmark panel doesn't.

I'm still a little worried about the pits in the Goodmark panel. I'll be home tomorrow and I'm going to take another look and call the parts supplier.

toxicz28
03-13-2006, 05:11 PM
The OER panel has a reinforcement plate over the corner bumper hole and the Goodmark panel doesn't.
Ya know, it's funny you mentioned that. I had two Goodmark panels (L and R) one had the plate, the other didn't. FWIW neither should have the plate, so I drilled it out so I could weld to the quarter/ trunk floor brace.

yortls6
03-14-2006, 07:09 PM
I did notice that my original quarters didn't have the reinforcement plate.
I still like the OER panel much better.

I talked to the parts supplier and it doesn't look like they are going to help me with shipping. I wouldn't mind so much if I didn't have the pits (pin holes) in the new Goodmark panel. They said they'd look at it when I shipped it back.

I still don't think they should have given me two panels from different suppliers. I told them I still need to buy $3000 in parts and if they worked with me on the shipping I'd order from them. I'll let you know what happens.