PDA

View Full Version : To or not to do?

freebird
10-06-2004, 09:47 PM
Ok guys here is my problem i recently found a 1969 RS/SS for $600 but its in need of a lot of work not that its in bad shape just missing major components, then i have a 1968 firebird 400 and right now i am doing a brake conversion then paint and interior and its done! and i also have an 1983 5.0 HO 5 speed mustang that i bought as a daily driver when i sold my 1971 RS. But when i bought the stang the cam was screwed up so i replace it and now its running real good but i haven't taken it to get smoged so i can't use it! (Adam you'll find yours soon) this girl is selling me a 1967 Fastback A-code car all original it runs but i don't know how good the engine is to use as a daily driver? since the engine in the 83 is freshly rebuilt and its got a new cam i was planning on swapping engines but i dont know how much it will affect the motor going from a 5-speed to a c-4 auto 3 speed. if i am going from standard to auto do i just need to replace the flywheel on the motor to get it to work with the c-4?

CAMAROBOY69
10-07-2004, 08:03 AM
Hmm I dont even know where to start?
1. Congrats on the 69 Camaro (pics?)
2. Congrats on the 67 Fastback (pics?)
3. If you are going to swap in the 83 engine why dont you put the 5 speed in there too??? Take all the components out of the 83 that you need. Otherwise you wont be happy with the 3 speed. Bad gas mileage, higher RPM on highway........... Plus just not as fun.

Steve Chryssos
10-07-2004, 01:06 PM
Damn! You've got it bad brother!

If you are in need of a 12 step program for car junkies--you've come to the wrong place. :Alchy:

freebird
10-07-2004, 01:33 PM
Well i dont really have it that bad seeing that i have gotten all the cars fairly cheap paid $1000 for the firebird and $400 for the 83' and $1,500 for the 67' the firebird i am going to give to my brother he's 16 right now and the 69' is the car i always wanted so if you think about it i have my "dream" car and my daily driver the 67' it just so happens that they are all "muscle cars" hey what can i say i like working on cars :dunno: plus i really dont have the time to do the full change over with the tranny and all seeing how i dont have a car right now that i can use every day!