PDA

View Full Version : Just got my SS tank today. New Design.

67rsconvert
10-06-2004, 07:12 PM
Just got my tank from Ricks Hot Rods today and it looks great. Has BG Sumo pump mounted to tank with removable skid plate. They do great work. Thanks for the tip Kris!

zbugger
10-06-2004, 07:24 PM
Looks real nice. When deos it get mounted up?

907rs
10-06-2004, 07:27 PM
Nice piece.

KrisHorton
10-06-2004, 09:12 PM
Nice! I can't wait to get mine in a week or two. What is the part number on that pump? I need to get the Barry Grant stuff headed their way to put on the tank.

Glad you're happy with it, did you mention I recommended them?

Kris

awr68
10-06-2004, 09:12 PM
looks awesome!! How are you going to vent it??

67rsconvert
10-06-2004, 09:55 PM
It along with new engine from nelson racing and various other pieces get installed over next 1-2 weeks. Kris, (I did mention you by the way) regarding the bg pumps it depends on your horsepower the Mighty enduro/sumo is rated to 750hp approx. The king sumo/enduro is rated up to 2000 hp. They have built in filters so you don't have to have an additional filter. FYI, I was incorrectly told to use a diaphram bypass fuel regulator by someone at barry grant for my carbed version when it actually needs a regulator.
I went with this setup so I didn't have to drop the tank to change the fuel filter since that is required with Ricks Hot Rods internal aeromotive setup. The BG has a fuel break also so that when you go to change the filter no fuel leaks out. The BG aluminum rings that go around the pump for mounting are o-ringed with rubber to isolate the pump body. I am hoping it will be as quiet as they promise since I am in a convertible. I almost forgot to mention no return line needed with carb pump!