PDA

View Full Version : Paging Radlark and KrisHorton

socalfandabodys
10-06-2004, 04:19 PM
Just dropped my 68 chevelle off at magnolia street autobody as Radlark recommended them. Byt the way Radlark that is a *****ing skylark and Kris the chevelle looks awesome in the pics. Just wondering what you guys think of the paint quality. Was there any overspray,runs,waves or defects in the body.Let me know because feedback would be great

KrisHorton
10-06-2004, 06:04 PM
Overall they did a very good job, but I will be taking the car back down there to have some small things (and some big things as well) fixed and then for the final color sand and buff. The guys there are all really great and they do good work, I think you will be very happy with them.

Kris

socalfandabodys
10-06-2004, 06:28 PM
Thanks that makes me feel a little better. this is the first time I have left the car in someones shop since I started restoring it 3 years ago. If you get a chance check out my car. I have done some pretty cool stuff to it. I hope to see your in person at sema

TurboLark
10-06-2004, 08:11 PM
Dave from Magnolia came by my house today and quoted me on my rust repair and bodywork. I will be taking the car down there next week.
I wanted to see your car Kris, but I guess I missed it by a few days.
Hope they dont get my car mixed up with Larry's Skylark.

Radlark
10-07-2004, 05:27 AM
Hey guys,SoCal, Kris H, Turbolark, what is going on? I was just down there and Socal that is a F'in awesome sounding plant ya got in that velle! Man talk about cubic inch envy! And BTW EXCELLENT choice of heads and intake, but I don't know about that carb! LOL Turbolark I don't think your car and my car will get mixed up (mine will be the one with more dust on it) LOL. Well, Kris H car looked really good! I finally got my scoop grafted on the hood of the Lark, all the holes are plugged up I am still thinking of going a different route on the paint job, not sure what color I want to squirt it. But I am sure you all will be happy with the end results!!!

TurboLark
10-07-2004, 09:46 AM
Hey guys,SoCal, Kris H, Turbolark, what is going on? I was just down there and Socal that is a F'in awesome sounding plant ya got in that velle! Man talk about cubic inch envy! And BTW EXCELLENT choice of heads and intake, but I don't know about that carb! LOL Turbolark I don't think your car and my car will get mixed up (mine will be the one with more dust on it) LOL. Well, Kris H car looked really good! I finally got my scoop grafted on the hood of the Lark, all the holes are plugged up I am still thinking of going a different route on the paint job, not sure what color I want to squirt it. But I am sure you all will be happy with the end results!!!
LOL..Dave told me you were pullin' a Kerry(flip/flop :) ) on the colors. What colors are you looking at now? I couldnt believe the quote he gave me for all the bodywork. :smoke: Just gotta get the bumpers and trim off, and get it down there.

Guess i have to get back down there and check out the chevelle now.

Radlark
10-07-2004, 01:44 PM
LOL, yeah that Chevelle is a hot ticket! I was originally going with the colors from the Grandmaster but they didn't come out right, I am looking at the earth tones, like a lexus silver and lexus green mica mist, he is spraying out 2 colors that I picked out and he said they would be ready Friday so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am glad that he is taking care of the guys from the site. Good to have a guy that is willing to work with ya instaed of "gouging" ya! Hey TL, have you got that motor buiult for your car yet?

TurboLark
10-07-2004, 03:01 PM
LOL, yeah that Chevelle is a hot ticket! I was originally going with the colors from the Grandmaster but they didn't come out right, I am looking at the earth tones, like a lexus silver and lexus green mica mist, he is spraying out 2 colors that I picked out and he said they would be ready Friday so I am keeping my fingers crossed. I am glad that he is taking care of the guys from the site. Good to have a guy that is willing to work with ya instaed of "gouging" ya! Hey TL, have you got that motor buiult for your car yet?
Nope, not together yet. Been having difficulty with main bearing clearance. Once that is straightened out, I need to check piston/valve clearance, balance and assemble. then the hard part, fabbing all the turbo plumbing and headers and intercooler.

socalfandabodys
10-07-2004, 05:00 PM
Radlark. I really liked the tubular control arms and the way they shaved your firewall :worship: . I am in my senior year of high school and I didnt know of any other way to shave the firewall except have my buddy make a plate on a lazer cutter. I then hid the line that sepreates it from the rest of the firewall behind the distributor. Next thing on the list for me is tubular front arms. My grandpa use to have a 67 skylark but my parents sold it when I was ten and he couldnt drive anymore. I am also listing a 72 skylark gs in the for sale section for my buddy. Talk to you guys later. It looks like Magnolia street auto body is turning into Pro-Touring Auto Body. :icon_razz

Radlark
10-11-2004, 11:45 AM
Hey Socal thanks for the compliment! Global West upper and lowers. T-Lark, looking forward to seeing that beast. The cowl hood is grafted on the car and man the body guy did and excellent job! I am stoked!

TurboLark
10-12-2004, 07:36 PM
Hey Socal thanks for the compliment! Global West upper and lowers. T-Lark, looking forward to seeing that beast. The cowl hood is grafted on the car and man the body guy did and excellent job! I am stoked!
Cool, I'll have to check it out on Thursday when I take my 'Lark to Magnolia. YIPEE!!!

TurboLark
10-14-2004, 02:25 PM
WOOHOO! Buick is at the bodyshop. Finally after 4 months of waiting for a quote.
Saw Socal's 'velle under a cover, Radlark Buick almost ready for paint.
Starting to look like a Pro Touring shop.