PDA

View Full Version : Power Tour with Prodigy Roll Call

ProdigyCustoms
03-05-2006, 05:00 PM
Please reserve posting in this thread to roll call and direct questions in reference to our group.

OK guy's. we are still finishing the final couple contracts for room blocks, and hope to be finished Tuesday or so. I have a bunch of inquiries, what I need now is a firm roll call and contact e mails.

We are blocking the rooms under Prodigy Customs. Prodigy Customs is not paying for anything up front (unless we do not fill the rooms, then it gets ugly). And none of us are profiting from any of this, it is simply to organize a group. Prodigy is not marking the rooms up, or even getting comps. I just need to get that out of the way.

Right now Lisa is blocking 15 rooms, and we should have about 7 of my group going, so I want to see how many from the board will join in. In other words, it looks like we have maybe 8 spots. Also, depending on interest, we may have extra rooms in all or most cities depending on how quick we book these first 15.

Firm decisions will have to be in at the end of this week, March 12

Room cost average is $125 or so, with the most expensive night being the first stop in Gainesville, which happens to be where the Power Tour staff will be staying. All the hotels are upper level, Hilton, Fairfield, Marriott. I will not be posting our route in public, and will ask that no one else does either. I want to prevent profiling and piggy backing.

As part of our agreement with the hotels, We requesting parking together at each stop basically asking the hotels to block a corner or area with crime scene tape so we can have the cars all together and easy for a guard to watch. It sounds like the cars in many cases may be on the other side of the hotel from some's rooms, and farther away from ones normal comfort zone, but they will be safer.

Security in each cities will be by off duty cops, Pinkerton, or hotel security, but will be specifically for our cars.. Security cost $300 to $400 per night to have the cars watched from 10PM to 6AM

I have had a few ask if their cars are good enough to ride with us, we do not have any selection criteria, only ask that it mean enough to the owner to want to protect it, and ride with us.

As for security and parking at various dinner locations, I thought if there was a situation where there is not a restaurant in walking distance, we could consider calling taxi vans, just a thought. If anyone would like the challenge of arranging restaurant parking, we are accepting volunteers. you would be amazed how much it takes just to handle the rooms and security.

We will have a couple trailers in tow, tools, tires, and maybe some common parts some unfortunate may need. We will be watching our group, exchanging contact info and "trying" to stay together.

I do not see us necessarily doing this 15 car parade all clued together, however I do kinda plan to be aware of one another's stops and detours, just to help assure all are getting along OK.

Post any questions and sign in.

Thanks,

Frank, Lisa and Michael

dhardison
03-05-2006, 05:32 PM
Frank, You mentioned the first stop being Gainesville. Will the block of rooms include a room at the first night in Kissimmee as well?

Dan

130fe
03-05-2006, 05:41 PM
Frank, you have PM.

Bill Howell
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
Can I go? :seizure:

ProdigyCustoms
03-05-2006, 06:05 PM
I can set up rooms at Kissemee no problem. I do not think there will be maybe half the guys needing Kissemee rooms as half will leave from here.

ProdigyCustoms
03-05-2006, 06:06 PM
Chris, got ya, lets do it in the forum so we know who is going. Bill, if you agree to take the pictures you can go, LOL!

130fe
03-05-2006, 07:40 PM
No problem Frank. Email [email protected] I will not need a Kissimmee room.

gmachine68
03-06-2006, 09:30 PM
i am in frank,
thanks

Neil B
03-07-2006, 04:15 AM
I have already made hotel reservations, but I am interested in meeting up with you guys. I also need enclosed transport from Englishtown back to Florida and would like to get in on a group deal with that.

Thanks. -Neil

datsbad
03-07-2006, 08:38 AM
Frank , i am in for all of it . email is [email protected]
what do i need to do next ?

Steve Chryssos
03-07-2006, 09:43 AM
Count me in.

ProdigyCustoms
03-07-2006, 10:55 AM
Count me in.

Oh man, now were going to have additional security to handle all the girlies chasing after Steve.

jy211
03-07-2006, 11:14 AM
FYI: My wife works in the moving/auto transport industry...so if you guys are looking for a shipper let me know...

Steve1968LS2
03-07-2006, 11:20 AM
I wish.. I don't think the PT could be any farther from where I live.. :(

dhardison
03-07-2006, 11:30 AM
Frank, Count me in! We plan on arriving in Kissimmee on 6/2, so we'll need a room (preferably in a safe location) for both 6/2 & 6/3 as well as the remaining stops. Will the Kissimmee room be a problem?

Please PM or email me (dan_hardison AT yahoo.com) with the details.

Thanks!
Dan

toxicz28
03-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Oooh! Oooh! Pick me, pick me! I'm in. I'll send another pm with details and contact info.

ProdigyCustoms
03-07-2006, 06:27 PM
Looks like a good crew so far. Gonna be some killer rides all in one group. We are finishing with the last couple hotels. You would not believe how damn difficult it can be to arrange something as simple as parking, and allowing security, amougnst negotiang rates and making sure we are at a good place. But Lisa is doing a fantastic job. As soon as we have all the hotels under contract, we will get you the reservation information.

If anyone wants a ride, not bringing their car, and will need a room, this will be a good place to let others know. I know we will have some extra seats in one of a few cars.

Bill Howell
03-07-2006, 07:06 PM
Hey Lisa,

:hail: Thanks for all the hard work making this happen. :1st:

Roger Poirier
03-09-2006, 05:54 PM
Chris, got ya, lets do it in the forum so we know who is going. Bill, if you agree to take the pictures you can go, LOL!

FYI. I found out Bills wife is a big part of posting all his pictures. He owes her big time. Sorry Bill the secret is out. :secret:

R.P.

Sorry,my quote is from the wrong thread! Me a big dummy!

Bill Howell
03-09-2006, 06:06 PM
FYI. I found out Bills wife is a big part of posting all his pictures. He owes her big time. Sorry Bill the secret is out. :secret

No secret here Roger, I am a self proclaimed computer idiot. Thank God I have her. She spent a lot of time in Detroit getting the pictures downloaded and zipped up (whatever that is) to get them to Larry. Without her, we would still not have the pictures here.....lol

Dave96dcm
03-09-2006, 06:34 PM
Me and my father are interested (I have a 1996 Impala SS and he has a 1968 AMX) We will not need rooms for Gainesville and Harrisburg because we have friends and relatives at those stops where we will be staying. We will be sharing a room but we will be taking 2 cars.

03-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Thanks Bill!

This has been a bit of an undertaking for me. I have all locations locked up, however, I am waiting on one hotel in NJ that is 5 miles from the event (making it the closest) to let me know if they will accommodate our need for blocked parking and outside security. This hotel has not been very willing to help me out. I do have the Hilton available in NJ and they are very willing to work with us and give us a free complimentary hot breakfast! However it is 11 miles from the event.
There always has to be one stickler!:bsjerk:

I plan to have a list and contact information to send everyone as soon as I get this last confirmation.

I will keep everyone informed, look for more information very soon!

Lisa

datsbad
03-13-2006, 06:09 AM
Hey Lisa , any word yet on what is going on ?

ProdigyCustoms
03-13-2006, 06:25 AM
Everything is cool, we have all but one locked up. As soon as we get that one we will e mail reservation information. We will have all week for each to reserve their rooms

FScope
04-04-2006, 06:55 PM
I just registered for the PA and NJ stops, is it too late to get in on this for just the PA stop? I have 3 possibly 4 cars with me.

ProdigyCustoms
04-04-2006, 07:28 PM
E mail Lisa and see where we are staying at those stops. [email protected]

Jagarang
04-07-2006, 04:58 AM
Made all my reservations and am looking for train or plane tickets back now!

Eternity is getting her heart and lung transplant TODAY!! A test fit of her engine and tranny that is!

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!

CAMAROBOY69
04-07-2006, 06:33 AM
Made all my reservations and am looking for train or plane tickets back now!

Eternity is getting her heart and lung transplant TODAY!! A test fit of her engine and tranny that is!

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK!
Thats great news. Keep us updated Kevin!

Gordz32
05-17-2006, 07:02 PM
I'm so Jealous, I wanna go, but I guess it'll have to wait, maybe next year

Jagarang
05-24-2006, 09:12 AM
We now have secured parking at each hotel we've booked with Prodigy Customs. 15 spots with armed security from 10pm to 6 am every night.

The Wyndam Roanoke has a policy barring firearms on their premises, so it will be unarmed that one night, however, they have a $2,000,000.00 dollar insurance policy in the event that an EVENT were to occur.

If there are any spots left open at any of the hotels, they are available to anyone who would like to get a restfull nights sleep, We will be dividing the security bill at each spot by the number of vehicles utilizing the space.

Average cost per 8 hours of ARMED security is 30/hr.

If we divide that by 15 people, your looking at 16 dollars for a full eight hours of trouble free sleep!!

I may be willing to offer rides back to your respective hotels, within reason, for those of you who may decide to stay with us overnight. The only car I'll have will be ETERNITY, isn't that a shame!

Details to follow. If you think you might be interested just post up so I can have an idea what I might be getting myself into!!!

dhardison
05-24-2006, 09:16 AM
Thanks for setting the security up Kevin! I'm sure it was a lot of leg-work (or at least phone-work) to get everything established. I'll sleep better knowing our cars are protected.

Jagarang
05-24-2006, 09:41 AM
Not a problem at ALL!

Frank said he'd pay for my "Shrifter" if I did it! Oh, and my XFI, 4L80E, and the fan shroud!! YEAHH thaats the TICKET!

Or maybe I was :Alchy: :Alchy: :Alchy: when I talked to him about it!

toxicz28
05-24-2006, 05:41 PM
The Wyndam Roanoke has a policy barring firearms on their premises,

I guess the Wyndham Roanoke doesn't need to know he's packing, now do they? :ssst:

130fe
05-25-2006, 03:15 AM
Kevin, thanks for the update. Does anyone know if we are going to meet up anywhere before Saturday. I should be driving down on Thursday.

Jagarang
05-25-2006, 04:32 AM
I'll be there early Friday morning. Probably leave Miami 3-4 in AM and arrive at 7-8 AM.

I think Frank and I are going to be very very very very busy Friday and Saturday wrench to get Eternity wrapped up.

We'll see how it goes.

I guess food has to be eaten and the local entertainers need to make a living. I'd ate to be the reason some poor girl didn't get a text book in time!

dhardison
05-25-2006, 04:36 AM
I'd hate to be the reason some poor girl didn't get a text book in time!
OOO! OOO!!! OOO!!!! Count me in!! :drool: :drool: We'll be arriving Friday afternoon/early evening. Nothing like starting the week off right!

vintageracer
05-25-2006, 04:39 AM
I am so excited that I'll be in Kissimmee early on Sunday May 28! Got to take the kids and wife to Universal Studios for their "Power Tour" entertainment. I am looking forward to seeing and meeting all the PT guys on the tour.

Steve Chryssos
05-25-2006, 05:40 AM
I'm ready!! My car is in better mechanical shape now than at any time since I bought it 23 years ago. Two months of hard work chasing "minor" details. It was worth every minute. Power Tour is temporary, but I will get to enjoy these improvements for years to come.

Steve68
05-25-2006, 06:12 AM
We're getting ready to launch a Shuttle, I hope it dosen't screw up my plans like it did last year, usually have to work on the weekends, F'n job!!!!,

ProdigyCustoms
05-25-2006, 06:54 AM
I am thinking I will see everyone at the shop for little this and that stuff. I hope we can go party a bit, but if someone has trouble and it takes a all nighter, we ready. And that goes for everyone, not just our group.

Prodigy is ready, just did 100 mile shakedown on the carburator, did perfect. 10 miles to the gallon! Holy Sheot! So whos bright idea was it to build a high strung 540 anyway! So let's see, 120 gallons, $3.00 gallon. Forget it, I'm stayin home!

Charley Lillard
05-25-2006, 08:05 AM
How far is your shop from the venue ?

vintageracer
05-25-2006, 08:37 AM
I've got LOT'S of room for riders! Video's, games and fun to boot!

Neil B
05-25-2006, 08:45 AM
I've put about 100 miles on mine this past week. So far so good. I'm a little concerned at how much warmer the car runs on 90 degree days vs. 70 degree nights, but 40 miles on I-4 followed by stop and go - it didn't overheat.

I'm expecting about 10 mpg too.

scogin918
05-25-2006, 10:24 AM
You guys are coming within about 1 1/2 hours from me on that Tuesday. Some friends and I will be taking a half day off from work to go up there. I'd like to meet some of you and put some ugly faces with the names:slap:

toxicz28
05-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I am so excited that I'll be in Kissimmee early on Sunday May 28! Got to take the kids and wife to Universal Studios for their "Power Tour" entertainment. I am looking forward to seeing and meeting all the PT guys on the tour.
Yeah, I'll be down on the 28th too. The wife wants to see grandma, the one kid wants to see Sea World, the other kid doesn't care as long as he is fed. And I'm going to Daytona on Friday (2nd) for the RPDE. I'm going to try to poke my head in and say hi to Frank too!

Steve Chryssos
05-25-2006, 03:48 PM
Scracth my last post. I spoke too soon. Lost the brakes during today's shakedown run. No harm done. Limped the car home on just the front brakes, but no differential valve. Elected to take the highway home in order to avoid having to stop for lights. Threw it into neutral just before the exit ramp. Good thing it handles well. Crushed the braided flex line running from the body to the axle. Nice having an ultra low car, isn't it? Back to work. :hand:

Better to happen close to home that in South Carolina.

Bill Howell
05-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Sounds like me Steve, we are replacing the rr grease seal in the rearend of the goat. However, this last tank of gas yielded 23mpg. And that was with my foot applying enough go juice at times to hear that bad alternator whine some. I am ready though, lets do the damn thing!

TUBED
05-25-2006, 04:30 PM
Bill's telling it like it is, he hits the apex on his road just right and enters his driveway sideways. HEHEHE I met Bill this past week just to take a look at his ride and he insisted we go for a spin.
Nice ride and you guys should have plenty of excitement.
Gerald

Bill Howell
05-25-2006, 04:42 PM
:ssst: Don't tell em that, remember I am just a poser around here. All show no go.......:lmao:

Great to meet you too Gerald, it is always so cool to put a mug with someone you feel like you already know. Come back any time.:headbang:

Steve68
05-27-2006, 05:23 AM
Hey, I didn't get a ride!!! oh that's right there was snow on the ground!!!hahaha

Steve68
05-27-2006, 05:28 AM
Frank, what's going on at the shop, I'll come over

toxicz28
05-27-2006, 06:17 AM
T minus 3 hours 45 minutes till departure!

Update:
T minus 47 minutes till departure

ProdigyCustoms
05-27-2006, 10:02 AM
I am about 30 miles from registration at Osceola Herritage Park, about 20 miles from the Orange County Convention Center where the event is Saturday and leaving from on Sunday. I put Mapquest directions at the end of this post. The address is:
1757 Benbow Ct.
Apopka, Fl 32703

We are bustin ass on Jagarangs car doing 2 months work in 1 month, we are hoping to fire it mid day tomorrow. So I will asume Friday will be a full on thrash here. So anyone that comes around here may be handed a wrench or a polishing cloth or a beer, or both!

As I said, anyone is welcome to come by, if we want to half ass organize it, we can. Be warned, the shop is trashed, we will clean up when we get back.

We are very serious though, if anyone has problems getting here, or once you get here, do not hesitate to call. I will have the speed shop on call Friday night and we a 24 hour parts store. Also, since we have 15 or so in our group, we will have the chase trailer so if anyone has spares they need to carry, you can ship them here and we will throw them in. You do not have to " be in our group". We are already carrying some spare pizza cutters for spare tires, jacks, tools, MSD box, bla, bla, bla.

My number
four zero seven 832 1752

Michael
three two one 436 2667

Call anytime if you need us, even if it is late.

Here are Mapquest directions from the convention center

http://www.mapquest.com/directions/main.adp?go=1&do=nw&rmm=1&pn1x=&a1x=9800+INTERNATIONAL+DR&c1x=ORLANDO&s1x=FL&z1x=32819-8111&1gi=0&un=m&1da=-1.000000&1rc=L1AAA&cl=EN&qq=1ADqpk24ofCko7z7qHgPifSm%252bMHH4cafpcY5UbsS7ky drQRaslzNySAiE09axDj5nN0nKAtueFhzedWHCZjR3HlDrvGe1 0IMjS8w6L86bRWeFMRVf95ETVik37%252fNZGJhnP8P6TjU9EQ 4A%252bG6zv0QJnv%252fWG5vyLWi&ct=NA&r=f&1si=navt&rsres=1&1y=US&1ffi=&1l=sBSMj64pTb4%253d&1g=%252bAPMJSXlpFU%253d&1pl=&1v=ADDRESS&1n=ORANGE+COUNTY&1pn=&1a=9800+INTERNATIONAL+DR&1c=ORLANDO&1s=FL&1z=32819-8111&2y=US&2ffi=&2l=&2g=&2pl=&2v=&2n=&2pn=&2a=1757+benbow+ct&2c=APOPKA&2s=FL&2z=32703&panelbtn=2

Steve Chryssos
05-28-2006, 09:43 AM
Any of them spares set up fpr a 1/2" wheel stud?

ProdigyCustoms
05-28-2006, 10:12 AM
yup

130fe
05-29-2006, 06:08 PM
Frank, will drop by the shop on Friday and lend a hand finishing anything up.

Jagarang
05-31-2006, 04:13 PM
Please Email your names and cell phone numbers to me as soon as possible so we can coordinate at the various hotels.

If you can remember your license plate number add that in too.

You can email me by clicking my username. HURRY!