PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Gear Head

remuda
03-05-2006, 05:37 AM
Hi every one I check in every once in while,read a few posts while I am having a coffee. There are a lot of bright people on the board and some great information shared; my hat is off to every one.
It's Sunday, and I am being lazy, instead of heading to the shop I am enjoying several coffee's and hammering out notes on the computer - so I am getting around to introducing my self.
I live in just out side of Halifax, Nova Scotia, Canada. My wife and I have a custom car shop we build resto rods, hot rods, racecars. I also have a shop called Mack The Hammer; it sells chopper parts and builds choppers.
I love road racing, we did it for a lot years GT-2 then GT-1. Then stockcars peaked my interest and we been involved in that for a number of years. Unfortunately the stock car has been on jack stands awhile, I am just to busy building other peoples rides.
I look forward to reading additional posts and watching some of these great projects come together.

Cheers
Mack

Ralph LoGrasso
03-05-2006, 01:36 PM
Welcome to the site, Mack.

fast Ed
03-05-2006, 05:01 PM
Hey Mack

Welcome from another new Canadian member, and former road racer. :)

cheers
Ed N.

remuda
03-05-2006, 07:38 PM
thanks guys - Hey Fast Eddy, I have been up to play at MOSPORT a few times - Man, you have to have some long legs to get around that joint, but a neat ride. Have you ever been down to Nova Scotia to tried out AMP?
Cheers

fast Ed
03-06-2006, 01:49 PM
Nope, the only Canadian tracks I've done are Mosport (including a 24 hr. Firehawk race), Shannonville, and Dunnville. Crewed a few times at Mt. Tremblant, but I've never been to any Canadian tracks east of that. Mosport was always a hoot in my 5.0L Mustang, especially when we added some HP, and I was seeing ~ 125 - 130 mph on the back straight.

cheers
Ed N.

Piet
03-07-2006, 01:31 PM
Greetings Mack!
Be sure to post project pictures....
.. So can a chopper be considered Pro-Touring? That would be interesting. A PT Chopper.

remuda
03-07-2006, 04:25 PM
Hi Piet Hmm Pro Touring chopper yep, I could go for that. I have been commissioned to put together a real nice bike for a customer in your province; I will be running it out there in a few weeks. I dont know if you would call it pro touring, but its stretched>down, air ride, single swing arm a monster S&S motor with a 2oo rear tire. Its sweet!
Cheers
Mack The Hammer