PDA

View Full Version : Sandblast v. sanding/powdercoat v. sanding???

Ole Rusty
03-04-2006, 05:29 PM
I'll have the frame of my Chevelle clear of the body very soon and I'm wondering if its worth the $550 I'm gonna pay to have it sandblasted (using black beauty media) over sanding it down. Also, is it worth it to powdercoat the frame if I'm not going to show the car? Same questions about the body, is it worth it to sandblast it???

Thanks for the advise,
Mike

RobM
03-04-2006, 09:23 PM
depends on how much crap and layers of paint are on the vehicle. don’t rule out air craft stripper its pretty messy but its very effective. Make sure your sand blaster is good enough to warp the crap out of your car. If you have alot of filler and many layers of paint id get it blasted other wise you risk doing damage by sanding too much metal away. Also how much experience to you have sanding down a vehicle? If you do sand make sure you wear a GOOD respirator. Paint dust is just as harmful as the paint mist and fumes that are in the air when spraying the only difference is its easier to filter out because its just dust. Also don’t track to much of that dust into your home its not good for children/pets.