PDA

View Full Version : Sport bikes!

jonny51
10-06-2004, 08:23 AM
http://www3.telus.net/lebeau/pictures/LilMadCow.wmv

**WARNING THIS VID SHOWS GRAPHIC SCENES OF PEOPLE GETTING HURT/KILLED IN MOTORCYCLE ACCEDENTS. VEIW AT YOUR OWN RISK**
/Mod.

Matt@RFR
10-06-2004, 12:18 PM
Just the thing to put me in the mood for a nice afternoon ride! :icon996:

Now if I only had a bike......

TonyL
10-06-2004, 04:03 PM
i posted the warning under the thead link. One of the riders in that vid died. (the wheelie guy who gets handle barred at the drag strip.) and this is a family site.

jonny51
10-06-2004, 05:01 PM
Ok no problem,I had no idea he was killed.Next time if anything is questionable I will post a warning to be on the safe side.

protour_chevelle
10-06-2004, 05:09 PM
i posted the warning under the thead link. One of the riders in that vid died. (the wheelie guy who gets handle barred at the drag strip.) and this is a family site.

Was he seriously killed?

-Matt

TonyL
10-06-2004, 05:23 PM
im not sure how you could unseriously killed.

just kidding.
yes. towards the end. a shot of a guy at a dragsrtip on a streebike with green three spoke rims and front fender. the bike whips over hard and he lands flat on his back, and the handlebars come down on him at like 100 mph. (time index 2:44) the internal damage put him in a coma and he died. it was on some website a while back.

And thank you jonny that'd be great.

jonny51
10-06-2004, 05:26 PM
A helmet is always a good idea also.I dont know if he died of head injuries(I know you said interanal) but his head hits the pavement pretty hard.

jonny51
10-06-2004, 05:30 PM
After watching it again its his head that gets hit with the wheel and then hits the pavement with no helmet!!!damn thats really too bad

TonyL
10-06-2004, 05:32 PM
and let me just add that the guy at time index 1:40 -1:48 may be the luckyest guy evaar..!

the fatality guy died of damage to the liver, kidneys and pancreas. (sp) the coma may have been due to the head injury. i'll try and find the source of that clip.

awr68
10-06-2004, 09:21 PM
That really makes me glad I sold my 2000 R1 to buy my camaro before I made that video!! 12 years on sport bikes and never laid one down...I guess I'm very lucky!! I just wish I could say that for a very good friend of mine...God rest his sole! :(

Those bikes are a blast but MUST be respected!!!

zbugger
10-06-2004, 09:30 PM
And to think that I want one. I don't think this will be turning me off of it though....

Kevin1kas
10-06-2004, 09:41 PM
Bikes are too cool / fun, but the consequences for riding one can be devastating. I never wrecked a street bike to bad, but there were a couple close calls. I'm glad I was smart enough to just leave my bike parked on the patio when I moved to Miami. It was pretty apparent I would have been killed if I took to the streets. There were just so many drivers there that had no clue what they were doing.

La68camaro
11-18-2004, 05:54 AM
they were playing with fire, they got burned. I ride and the only time i hear of someone getting seriously injured is when someone is doing a trick or showing off.

grtpmkn
01-10-2005, 06:20 PM
Alot of the people in that clip are lucky to be alive. Very few had ANY protective gear on. I myself am a firm believer in that. I also am a firm believer of what is appropriate on the street and what should be on a closed course. Having slammed into a guard rail at around 65mph on my SV1000 (hit oil or something similar going into a tight turn in the mountains in Kentucky), I can personally tell you that the impact against the pavement and the guardrail were like nothing I could ever imagine. Having the correct gear can save you. Riding like a squid and trying to be a stunta is just asking for it. *steps off soapbox*

ViperBlue68
01-11-2005, 04:03 PM
probabally a little safer for me :bicycle:

indyjps
01-16-2005, 05:58 PM
i like cars. i rode dirt bikes for a short time and figured out i have way more balls than i do skills on a bike. i left my last dirt bike wedged in a tree. just walked away.

WS6
01-16-2005, 07:15 PM
yeah i ride too. have been for a while actually. im not in it for the speed or the thrills, the freedom and the way it feels to be on a bike blasting through the quiet countryside is all i need. they say that sells of street bikes have risen greatly in the last few years, im sure vids like this wont be scaring too many people away unfortunately. if you act stupid on a bike and get hurt, i only hope you didnt hurt someone else in the process. dont be stupid. wear a helmet and ride safe

kball
01-16-2005, 09:54 PM
I ride street and dirt, and will do stunts on both. I don't agree with some guys who seem to think you're better if you do it without a lid. I don't think anyone deserves it, but people act surprised when someone dies. eg, Indian Larry- great show, teach kids to stunt or even ride normallly without a helmet and then splat your brain in front of 10,000 people. I've got 1 street and 2 dirt helmets of mine that are ground down and smashed souvenirs now. There are stickers on ebay to put on helmets protesting helmet laws. If you want to risk being a road pizza, go ahead, but there are smarter people in the world to spend medical $$ on. My .02c$ pic is from a local riding spot I frequent in Van., B.C. (bedding in the new ft. pads)