PDA

View Full Version : cast iron manifold

Martin71RS
10-06-2004, 05:18 AM
Does anyone out there have pics of SBC with turbo using cast iron manifold?
I just bought one and tried to find some pics on the net without luck.... also manufacturer names could be helpful.

thanks,
Martin

attached pic is the one I bought....

protour_chevelle
10-06-2004, 05:39 AM
Not much of help but by the looks of it, It looks like an older style(couple years) There was a turbo manufacture that made a very nice complete turbo kit for lots of cars. They have now went out of business but their products now sell for more used then they did brand new.

I'll do some searching if someone doesn't beat me to the answer.

-Matt

907rs
10-06-2004, 06:46 AM
There are a few pics here.

http://www.lateral-g.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=6&sid=7c686fc9a0836df01fd044c00024d617

Martin71RS
10-10-2004, 11:40 PM
Thanks Matt andd Bill!
I got an answer on another board that also helped a great deal....

The best part of it is that my manifold is from a Martin turbo kit, how cool is that ey?

see pic of manifold installed.

Martin

protour_chevelle
10-11-2004, 09:00 AM
Glad you found out where its from!

But I'm curious towards something. Wheres the oddly shaped piece go thats coming off the front of the turbo? Looks like its going to the intake not on top of the carb like a blow through set-up.

-Matt

Martin71RS
10-11-2004, 10:09 AM
Correct! the setup in the pic is the original suck-through system... I will just be using the exhaust manifold for easy turbo mounting (I hope)

Martin

Martin71RS
10-21-2004, 05:45 AM
I got it today! It will only take an adapter plate to fit the turbo on the manifold.
The exhaust opening is the same size but the bolt holes don't line up.

This is going to be an easy (sort of compared to making headers) install.

I think I can even make the adapter plate with basic tools. (I can't weld and can't machine stuff)

I will post updates when I get some stuff done....
Martin