PDA

View Full Version : Need help buying floor jack

69Lowbird
03-03-2006, 11:00 PM
I'm in the market for a floor jack but I don't want to spend more than $100. I want something that will last a decent amount of time as well. I want something that has around a 3 1/2" saddle height at the low position. The two I am considering are; a steel "torin" 3.5 ton at pep boys for $90 or I can get a "larin" 2 ton aluminum jack from costco for $100(it's not the same design as the really cheap ones you can buy from harbor frieght, it actually looks pretty solid). Anyone have any experience with any of these brands before, or know of any good jacks in that price range? Thanks in advance

mikey
03-04-2006, 08:57 PM
We got a couple at Sams club for work about 7-8 years ago theyre still going strong thats with 4 Body Techs useing them everyday. I've also got one for the house not bad for the $85( if I remember right) they have a foot pump for intial height to car. Also comes with a optional tall saddle for SUVs. Hope this will help you out.

Jim Nilsen
03-05-2006, 11:24 AM
Sam's Club has several under $100 and a couple that are more. They have both steel and aluminum ones in stock at my store now so you can go online and get one at any Sams delivered to the one near you. I truly love my aluminum jack I got for $125 a year ago, they have a different model now that looks just as nice.

Jim Nilsen