PDA

View Full Version : Grommet for harness to pass through firewall

ilovefirstgens
03-03-2006, 06:55 PM
Now i could have sworn there was a thread on it but i can not for the lifr of me find it!

So my question is what kind of grommet did you use to seal the conduit tubing to the firewall. As well as what size hole and where did you locate it.

Also did you guys route the 2 plugs for the comp through from the engine bay or all the other crap in from the interior.

I'm getting so close i can taste it!!!

Jim Nilsen
03-05-2006, 10:58 AM
More info is need to answer from what I read. Do you have connectors that you can remove and run wires though a grommet? The hole size for the connectors can sometimes define what type of grommet you will need and whether it will need to be split or not?

There are both rubber and plastic grommets available and if you can find A Newark electronics catalog they can give you a good place to start,they might have pics online if you can get into an on line catalog. Hope this helps get more info for you.

Jim Nilsen

ilovefirstgens
03-05-2006, 01:50 PM
Well half the questions you asked im not sure of myself haha, if anyone who has used the speartech harness has any pn's that would be awesome.

Steve68
03-07-2006, 04:28 AM
I heard a VW grommet for the GM harness,

Which 2 plugs for the comp, this is the compressor right??

ilovefirstgens
03-11-2006, 04:34 PM
Which 2 plugs for the comp, this is the compressor right??

Compressor??? its the 2 plugs that go into the computer, so it looks like ill be needing either a very flexable one or for it to be split, still anyone thats used a speartech harness should have been in the exact same situation as i am...

TUBED
03-11-2006, 07:07 PM
Check out www.sealsit.com for your firewall grommets, they might have something that'll work.

Gerald

ilovefirstgens
03-11-2006, 07:50 PM
Check out www.sealsit.com (http://www.sealsit.com) for your firewall grommets, thay might have something that'll work.

Gerald

Wow those are awesome!!! Thanks!

ill probably end up buying a few to see what works and post the results, i just hope the trim ring on those is stainless or alum