PDA

View Full Version : Buy a deer face?

JoshStratton
03-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Do people really buy this stuff or is this a joke, cause I live in Ohio and their are dead deer all over the roads. I would be a millionaire in an afternoon.

ebay Deer (http://cgi.ebay.com/whitetail-mount-not-shed-antlers-no-reserve-wisconsin2_W0QQitemZ7221993589QQcategoryZ71125QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem)

smittys69
03-03-2006, 09:59 AM
Absolutely a real deal. You would not believe what kind of market there is for large racks (specifically deer). I know of guys that have literally been offered thousands for large deer taken (i.e. Cabelas, Bass Pro). They would purchase the real thing and then in return, provide them a resin replica of the rack. This is a no s*^t deal.

JoshStratton
03-03-2006, 10:13 AM
Insane. I had a neighbor once who got a deer when she was 18 or 19. It was some big what-ta-do because it had the normal antlers and also a horn like a unicorn coming right out of its forehead. I had never heard of that before. I wonder what that was worth.

dropit69
03-03-2006, 12:29 PM
there are 2 different kinds of whitetail racks ..typical and non-typical..both if big are worth good money esp if scored by boone and crocket..lots of hunting around my area..i say kill all them before the run into my old cars..lol

Andrew McBride
03-03-2006, 02:10 PM
I guess my Dad has got some money in deer then. You cannot sell deer in Oklahoma, lease only. Of course there is not enough money in the world to buy these. My dad is a big hunter.

http://photobucket.com/albums/a312/almcbri/Other%20Projects/?sc=1&multi=15&addtype=local&media=image&test=test

All the bucks are Boone and crocket except for 1.

grand_marquis_gt
03-03-2006, 02:22 PM
Damn, if only I was still in alabama, a friend of mine shoots as manyy as he wants for crop damage...

Now, to become a taxadermist...

RobM
03-03-2006, 04:25 PM
im pretty sure it costs alot money to get them mounted i know its not cheep, so im not sure what kind of profit you could get

toxicz28
03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
I would be a millionaire in an afternoon.

ebay Deer (http://cgi.ebay.com/whitetail-mount-not-shed-antlers-no-reserve-wisconsin2_W0QQitemZ7221993589QQcategoryZ71125QQrd Z1QQcmdZViewItem)
At $325 to mount, you probably would be a negative milliomare in an afternoon.

RobM
03-03-2006, 07:48 PM
there you go.... how long do those things even last? i know when you get a fish mounted it gets kind of crappy after a while

BonzoHansen
03-03-2006, 07:50 PM
...You would not believe what kind of market there is for large racks....Oh, I believe!

Ha.

Andrew McBride
03-04-2006, 01:49 AM
there you go.... how long do those things even last? i know when you get a fish mounted it gets kind of crappy after a while

Rob, mounts today are done a lot better than years before. You still will see cracking around the mouth after 15 years or so. Really it all depends in how you preserve them and what kind of temps you keep the mounts in. The one we have above the fireplace is starting to get lighter and not quite as good as the day we got it due to the heat above the fireplace. Another thing a lot of guys don't take good care of of the capes when they kill the deer a lot of times or they cut too far up and have to use another cape from another deer.

As far as mounts. Mounts run $425-450 from the guy who my father uses. Danny is the best in the world in deer/elk mounts. He does some creative stuff.