PDA

View Full Version : Got a few things for my Birthday!

GregD
03-03-2006, 09:01 AM
Well, I handed the wife a list of things that I wanted for the Camaro. I told her to pick anything off the list. Well, to my surprise, she got me EVERYTHING on list. I've got some pics for everyone.
DSE Closeout
Custom Aluminum Radiator and shroud with electric fan
DC Controls fan controller
New Seats
Modo Innovations Pedals (no pic)
DSE Power Steering Cooler (no pic)

All these are going on my 68 camaro.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/DSECloseout-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/fanshroud-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/FanController-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/radfitment-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/Newseat-1.jpg

JoshStratton
03-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Dude. You have a very cool wife!

I have seen the DSE Closeout several times now. What is that? Sorry, I dont have a 1st gen. I am just curious.

LSxChevelle
03-03-2006, 09:12 AM
Nice presents there!!

Can i borrow her in July for my B-Day??

Jason

LSxChevelle
03-03-2006, 09:16 AM
By the looks of it it the DSE closeout goes over the radiator. The square opening for the latch, hole for the radiator, and the angled pieces follow the braces that goe from the core support to the fenders. Am I a winner??

Jason

GregD
03-03-2006, 09:27 AM
By the looks of it it the DSE closeout goes over the radiator. The square opening for the latch, hole for the radiator, and the angled pieces follow the braces that goe from the core support to the fenders. Am I a winner??

Jason

Yep. you hit the nail on the head. DSE also includes new fender braces as well that have a lower profile to fit under the panel.

Steve1968LS2
03-03-2006, 09:28 AM
Wow.. you have a hell of a wife!!

And yes Jason.. you are a winner. There is a thread on it (by me) in the open discussion area. It's mostly for looks but does help force more air through the radiator I imagine.

Nice B-day haul!

Damn True
03-03-2006, 09:38 AM
Are those the Arizen seats?

F70t/a
03-03-2006, 09:45 AM
:evil: Dude your wife is badass!!!!!!!!!! The only way my wife would do something like that is with my money :scared:

Taylor1969
03-03-2006, 10:10 AM
What kind of seats are those? Price?

importkiller69ss
03-03-2006, 10:17 AM
yes those seats look killer..what are they and the price

GregD
03-03-2006, 10:25 AM
What kind of seats are those? Price?
They are Arizen seats. I think a few other members have used these guys. You can give Mark a call, he is a great guy to deal.
WWW.ARIZENRACINGSPORTS.COM

Here is a pic of my car. Its an older restoration that I'll be driving while I save up for paint/body/mini tub. So far I've done the following:
383/700r4
8.5 10 bolt from nova 3.73 posi
Hotchkis springs f/r
Hotchkis front swaybar
Global West UCA's with poly bushings
Bilstein shocks
solid body mounts
Thanks to everyone on this site for their help and inspiration.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/hotchkisfront1-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/rightside2-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/03/greg3831-1.jpg

I'll have better pics once she comes out of her winter hiding place!! :twothumbs

dropit69
03-03-2006, 12:32 PM
wow awesome wife and very good looking car..bet you cant wait to start installing all your gifts..better than the kind you wear under your clothes..lol

Camaro_Dan
03-03-2006, 01:08 PM
a quick question. Are those real AN hoses and fittings for the heater core? if so, how did you connect the to the heater core? Thanks

DJW32
03-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Very cool :kewlpics:

GregD
03-03-2006, 01:26 PM
a quick question. Are those real AN hoses and fittings for the heater core? if so, how did you connect the to the heater core? Thanks
Those aren't AN hoses, just el-cheapo braided steel hoses. They just slide over the core and have a hidden hose clamp.

Camaro_Dan
03-03-2006, 01:29 PM
ooh too bad, I want to use real AN hoses but don't know of a good way to do that.

ilovefirstgens
03-03-2006, 01:48 PM
Those are gorgeous seats, any thoughts on them yet? also please post hopw you end up mounting them!

GregD
03-04-2006, 09:17 AM
I haven't finished installing the seats yet. Arizen supplied me with some steel plates that you bolt the seats to. The you measure and drill the plates for the holes to bolt the plates to the floor. I received a template from another member who had purchased the same seats. I haven't tried the template out yet.

Jim Nilsen
03-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Hi Greg, I checked out the seats at the site and it says they are 18" wide. If you could measure them and let me know if they are actually 18" wide at the widest part of the base it would be helpful. I have looked at Corbeau A4 seats and when I measured them in person they were almost 19" and I need to have as much room as I can get due to my tunnel.

You are one lucky guy to have someone to love you enough to buy you all of those parts. :twothumbs

Jim Nilsen

GregD
03-06-2006, 05:48 AM
Hi Greg, I checked out the seats at the site and it says they are 18" wide. If you could measure them and let me know if they are actually 18" wide at the widest part of the base it would be helpful. I have looked at Corbeau A4 seats and when I measured them in person they were almost 19" and I need to have as much room as I can get due to my tunnel.

You are one lucky guy to have someone to love you enough to buy you all of those parts. :twothumbs

Jim Nilsen

Jim,
I'll measure tonight and let you know.

GregD
03-09-2006, 07:18 AM

Jim Nilsen

Jim, sorry it took a few days but I finally got to measuring the seats. They are 17 inches from slider to slider. The side bolsters are 21 inches at their widest point. I hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else. I'm 6.0 215 lbs. They are a snug fit and somewhat firm but anything is better than the stock buckets i had in their before.

Jim Nilsen
03-10-2006, 10:34 AM
Hi Greg,Thanks for the info, it gives me a better visual scale with those dimensions for me. I'm smaller so they might fit like the A4's do,so that is a good thing for me. It's nice to know someone bigger fits in .

How do you like the lumbar support?

Thanks again, Jim Nilsen

GregD
03-13-2006, 11:46 AM
Hi Greg,Thanks for the info, it gives me a better visual scale with those dimensions for me. I'm smaller so they might fit like the A4's do,so that is a good thing for me. It's nice to know someone bigger fits in .

How do you like the lumbar support?

Thanks again, Jim Nilsen
Well Jim, other than sitting in them in my living room, I couldn't really tell ya. I'm hoping to finish the install this week and hopefully get the car out for a spin soon if the weather cooperates. I'll let you know my impressions then.
-Greg

jeffandre
03-13-2006, 12:58 PM
:evil: Dude your wife is badass!!!!!!!!!! The only way my wife would do something like that is with my money :scared:
Dave, that's why you need to make a lot of it!!!

F70t/a
03-13-2006, 01:30 PM
Dave, that's why you need to make a lot of it!!!

lol Ya i'm working real hard. I hope i'm well off in my late 20's. You have to work hard to have badass toys and enjoy life :smoke:

GeoffP
03-17-2006, 05:03 PM
What kind of wheels (size and offset) and tires (size) are those...they look great on your car.

Thanks!
GeoffP
67 Camaro (it's a rust bucket and a long story)

BADVELLE
03-17-2006, 05:12 PM
You do have a great wife, just like mine, she just upgraded my welder, now I am using a Millermatic 210! Great looking parts and great looking car!