PDA

View Full Version : Tubular Tie Rod Sleeves

ItDoRun
03-02-2006, 12:33 PM
To all,
I was thinking of making my own tie rod sleeves. It's pretty convenient for me being that I work in a machine shop. Plus, I work with a crew of guys that grew up in the muscle car era and love to help me out with little things like this. My question is what would be the best material to use? I was thinking of using a 316SS material but wanted to get some opinions. I'm not real sure of what the aftermarket companies are making theirs out of. Plus, I really can't see spending $100+ dollars on these things. Not when I can get them made for nothing. Let me know what you think. Thanks in advance.

Chris

slowcamaro
03-02-2006, 12:45 PM
I think I grabbed mine new on ebay for like $30 bucks

slowcamaro
03-02-2006, 12:53 PM
http://www.colemanracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_132&sort=2a&page=4

Theyre also available here, I believe you need to order the jambnuts seperately though.

But by all means if you can do it cheaper or better. Go for it.

PS- the ones i got from ebay werent the coleman racing sleeves. Mine are billet aluminum, of what alloy im not sure though.

baz67
03-02-2006, 01:51 PM
Where have you seen them of a c-note? I have never seen them that much.

ItDoRun
03-03-2006, 12:05 PM
I was looking on the Global West website along with my NPD catalog.

BonzoHansen
03-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Even DSE's are like $40. And they are not usually a price leader.

Andrew McBride
03-04-2006, 01:59 AM
http://www.colemanracing.com/catalog/index.php?cPath=2_132&sort=2a&page=4

Theyre also available here, I believe you need to order the jambnuts seperately though.

But by all means if you can do it cheaper or better. Go for it.

PS- the ones i got from ebay werent the coleman racing sleeves. Mine are billet aluminum, of what alloy im not sure though.

I bought mine from speedtech-performance for like 39.00 bucks shipped. I wouldn't make a set as cheap as these are. I guess if you have the machines and time go for it.

MickyT
03-22-2006, 12:03 AM
I would be interested in how your Speedtechs fit Andrew. Mine seemed very sloppy in the threads at one end of each although the jam nut takes out the slop when tightened. Makes me nervous although Speedtech says no problem.