PDA

View Full Version : New guy

19Nova72
03-01-2006, 04:54 PM
Hey, they call me Scott. I started to surf the message boards but I kept getting denied access to pictures; when a pic of some apparently cute girl came up I just had to sign up, that reminds me why I signed up, I better go find that pic lol. You can check out my webshots pics in my signature, cya.

derekf
03-02-2006, 04:26 AM
Hi Scott, welcome to the site.

Ralph LoGrasso
03-02-2006, 09:51 AM
Welcome to the site, Scott.

dhardison
03-02-2006, 11:08 AM
Yet ANOTHER Nova! Welcome Scott!

Dan

NovaPwr
03-03-2006, 05:23 AM
Hey Scott, what's the story behind the snow and ice packed engine compartment? Also, welcome to the site!

19Nova72
03-04-2006, 08:32 PM
A few years ago it snowed pretty good, and I had to get to work because the Nova was/is my only form of transportation. So I manage to get out of my parking spot and onto the highway. I might have made it 1 mile at 15mph when I started to see snow shoot OUT of my cowl, WTH!? I look over at my water temp. gauge and its at 235*! I'd never had a motor that hot, so I shut it down immediately, and pulled off onto the shoulder. I got out and cracked the hood open, and it was just SOLID SNOW from the ground all the way to the cowl! I than proceeded back into the car so I could cry for a while;) After I was done crying, I got out and found a stick and I dug and dug and dug, than I went back into the car and cried some more because my fingers were cold as hell. At this point I’ve decided to walk back home and get reenforcements (gloves, a shovel, hand warmers). So I walk back to my car and finally get down to the crankshaft/alternator (low mount), and discovered that the snow was packed so tightly that it kept the alt. belt from turning the water pump/alt. Although the crank pulley had no trouble ripping a few teeth off the belt lol! So I finally get as much snow out as I can bear, the car fires up, and I go to leave and my right rear tire spins and the left side does NOTHING. My Ford posi track decided not to work at an opportune moment, so a couple guys come by and we jammed a bunch of tree limbs and 2X4's under the tires and I gassed it while they pushed, I believe I flung a lot of muddy snow on those guys lol but they got me out! So, like 4 hours after I left for work, I was driving back home the entire 1 mile! lol That was a good lesson. It was almost like the cross member on my Nova was designed to shoot crap straight up into the engine compartment, its pretty low I can’t even roll a tennis ball under my headers, that might have had something to do with it;) It still amazed me how the motor ran perfect when all that snow was in the engine compartment, and when I fired it back up it ran like a champ other than the alt. belt which would clunk every time the three missing teeth went across the alternator. Sometimes I wish I could just be old and not have to learn all these lessons.;)

19Nova72
03-04-2006, 09:01 PM
Man I wish I had owned this thing when it snowed... http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1988-Caprice-Classic-half-track-ice-fishing-vehicle_W0QQitemZ4617762659QQcategoryZ98063QQrdZ1Q QcmdZViewItem

Ralph LoGrasso
03-05-2006, 01:46 PM
A few years ago it snowed pretty good, and I had to get to work because the Nova was/is my only form of transportation. So I manage to get out of my parking spot and onto the highway. I might have made it 1 mile at 15mph when I started to see snow shoot OUT of my cowl, WTH!? I look over at my water temp. gauge and its at 235*! I'd never had a motor that hot, so I shut it down immediately, and pulled off onto the shoulder. I got out and cracked the hood open, and it was just SOLID SNOW from the ground all the way to the cowl! I than proceeded back into the car so I could cry for a while;) After I was done crying, I got out and found a stick and I dug and dug and dug, than I went back into the car and cried some more because my fingers were cold as hell. At this point I’ve decided to walk back home and get reenforcements (gloves, a shovel, hand warmers). So I walk back to my car and finally get down to the crankshaft/alternator (low mount), and discovered that the snow was packed so tightly that it kept the alt. belt from turning the water pump/alt. Although the crank pulley had no trouble ripping a few teeth off the belt lol! So I finally get as much snow out as I can bear, the car fires up, and I go to leave and my right rear tire spins and the left side does NOTHING. My Ford posi track decided not to work at an opportune moment, so a couple guys come by and we jammed a bunch of tree limbs and 2X4's under the tires and I gassed it while they pushed, I believe I flung a lot of muddy snow on those guys lol but they got me out! So, like 4 hours after I left for work, I was driving back home the entire 1 mile! lol That was a good lesson. It was almost like the cross member on my Nova was designed to shoot crap straight up into the engine compartment, its pretty low I can’t even roll a tennis ball under my headers, that might have had something to do with it;) It still amazed me how the motor ran perfect when all that snow was in the engine compartment, and when I fired it back up it ran like a champ other than the alt. belt which would clunk every time the three missing teeth went across the alternator. Sometimes I wish I could just be old and not have to learn all these lessons.;)

That's a crazy story. It's funny how one thing can never just go wrong, they always have to go wrong in multiples.

19Nova72
03-05-2006, 10:27 PM
dhardison, what color is that on yur Nova? I like that alot!

dhardison
03-06-2006, 06:21 AM
dhardison, what color is that on yur Nova? I like that alot!

Thanks. It's a factory GM color "LeMans Blue".

Dan

69Nova
03-06-2006, 06:26 AM
Welcome to the board. Lately it seems like alot of Nova guys are joining here.

TRILOGYZ28
03-06-2006, 10:40 AM
welcome to the board !

Piet
03-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Welcome..... fill in your location...

19Nova72
03-07-2006, 03:34 PM
Welcome..... fill in your location... Jeez what a hardass, lol j/k My boss is always pointing out things I forget also.:hammer:

Piet
03-08-2006, 08:23 AM
It helps when trying answer some questions.....Not trying to give you a hard time....yet. :naughty:

The normal request for new guys is "Post some Pictures!" So you got that one covered.