PDA

View Full Version : New car color opinions?

Jagarang
03-01-2006, 01:18 PM
Well it's time to upgrade the daily driver.

Currently I have a 99 Black Maxima.

Love the black, but it's very high maintainace and every nick, scratch, and bump over the years has literaly accumulated into a litany of blemishes. Swirl marks are a whole other story!

I'm now buying a Lexus IS250 and can get either silver or smokey graphite.

I like the gunmetal metallic greys but fear they may act to much like the black in showing chips and the like. Anybody here have a gunmetal-esque color car they car relay information about up-keep on?

My wife LOVES the silver, and it seems like this color might show the least blemishes over time, but again I have never owned a silver car either. Silver is also SO common these days, i.e. every Mercedes, BMW, etc

Thoughts people?

Thanks

TPI Monte SS
03-01-2006, 04:22 PM
My wife's '03 Liberty is silver, and it's a great color for a daily driver. Always looks good, even when it's dirty, and hides scratches well. If you have to do the parking lot thing (work, mall, etc.) you'll want something like that!

Z06killinSBF
03-01-2006, 05:48 PM
My wife has a charcoal grey 02' Eclipse and it REALLY shines up nice. It doesnt show ANY scratches. Paint chips are easy fix cause it blends in with the metal flake. I think the charcoal would be easier to keep clean. Also it looks dynomite with big, chrome wheels.

nekkidhillbilly
03-01-2006, 06:58 PM
charcoal is a bitch to keep clean other than that its no problem