PDA

View Full Version : Need help/info on GM silver??

jerebus67
02-28-2006, 08:51 PM
Ok I am really confused and hopefully someone can help me out. My body man gave me a PPG book of all the colors that GM puts out. It is a 2005 book but I am wondering if GM names some of these colors different names but even though it names the colors differently on different product lines
(corvette - Machine Silver Metallic and the SSR - Ricochet Silver Metallic) they are actually the same color??
When I look in the GM book it just lists Light Tarnished Silver Metallic for both of these vehicles. Is it a marketing ploy to give these colors different names but in fact they are the same color (Light Tarnished Silver Metallic)

Sorry going crazy on what color to pick and this is not making sense to me???

Any help?

hotrodgary
03-01-2006, 05:38 AM
Yeah, I think they do that, the color on my chevelle was 85 gm flame red when it was painted a few years ago, when i went to get more mixed for a repaint, it was the same as current gm bright red.

But the easiest way to tell is go in to the paint shop and get the color mix chart/code. It tells you what color,pearls,metallics and how much to use when mixing it.

later,
Gary

69 Hugger 396
03-04-2006, 05:50 PM
Check the PPG numbers either below or above (can't remember and I'm at home) the color chip in the book. If they match, the color is the same, if not then they are different. If you need any other help PM me with both GM codes and I'll look them up for you. I have a PPG mixing setup and the computer program for it. All I need to do is enter the GM numbers and it will give me the info you are looking for.

Damn True
03-04-2006, 06:34 PM
Check the PPG numbers either below or above (can't remember and I'm at home) the color chip in the book. If they match, the color is the same, if not then they are different. If you need any other help PM me with both GM codes and I'll look them up for you. I have a PPG mixing setup and the computer program for it. All I need to do is enter the GM numbers and it will give me the info you are looking for.

Do you have access to import paint codes? I am looking for the code for Subaru WRC pearl blue. The color that is on the WRX STi

gmachine68
03-04-2006, 07:36 PM
code- 02c
blue pearl