PDA

View Full Version : need to know what else i need to mount my agr box

importkiller69ss
02-26-2006, 03:21 PM
i am about to start my front end build now that my motor blew and it is out of the car. which really suck b/c i have no idea what is wrong with it anyway.....with the agr box what else do i need to mount it to my stock 69 column......lines,,,rag joint ect...would a steering rod and joint be better need some advice

rlovell383
02-26-2006, 07:30 PM
What kind of box are you switching from? Never used an AGR but I would think they either use the standard saginaw 5/8 and 11/16 flare fittings or the metric ones. Call them and they will tell you. As for lines, either go with the stock rubber covered lines, or TFE teflon lined braided hose from aeroquip, with their matching steel TFE fittings. You can use standard braided hose only on the low pressure return line. The stock rag joint should work fine for your application.

Randy

David Pozzi
02-26-2006, 11:15 PM
We put an AGR in my wife's 73 Camaro, its the same as yours. You don't need to change anything if you allready had PS. If switching from manual, get a rag joint for a 69 and the pump, brackets, and hoses, of course.
PS boxes have larger output shafts, so get a PS pitman arm, they make a long and a short arm, the long gives the fastest ratio.

importkiller69ss
02-27-2006, 05:55 AM
well my hoses are leaky and my rag joint is shot...so should i get a stock rag joint and hoses or get something better