PDA

View Full Version : Where to buy

Bill68fbrd
02-20-2006, 02:19 PM
Want to buy Gen7 Accel or Holly 950 complete kit with dist.,& have sent to LA.
want to call & deal with a trusted person. Need to get by end of March.
Just ordered ss tank from Rick (good guy).

Bill

Hammered
02-20-2006, 06:57 PM
Are you putting it on a Pontiac? I bought the Gen7 from someone off ebay and while it worked out, I wouldn't recommend it. Go with someone that will give you tech support after the sale.

Bill68fbrd
02-21-2006, 01:38 AM
Are you putting it on a Pontiac? I bought the Gen7 from someone off ebay and while it worked out, I wouldn't recommend it. Go with someone that will give you tech support after the sale.

Eng is a scrach bult SB Chev Dart block 415ci for my 68 Firebird Cont. What I want is someone like Rick that as you say will give me tech support as well as supports this site & is in it for the long hall. Need to buy this week.

Bill

EFI69Cam
02-27-2006, 05:53 AM
Eng is a scrach bult SB Chev Dart block 415ci for my 68 Firebird Cont. What I want is someone like Rick that as you say will give me tech support as well as supports this site & is in it for the long hall. Need to buy this week.

Bill

Lingenfelter has the best prices on Accel stuff. They also provide phone tech support.

One problem with getting Accel stuff quickly is that few dealers stock anything, the kits have a limited shelf life because of SW updates. They all are shipped from DFI in Michigan. Ask if they have the kit on hand before you commit.

Jim Nilsen
02-27-2006, 09:01 PM
I 2nd the Lingenfelter choice. If I had to do it again I would have gone through them. Even if it was more money I would go through them to get the tech support. You can also buy a package from them that will match everything together with a tried and true program. You will only get this service if you buy from them. I asked about getting a cam package from them and a program to match and they told me if I had bought my Gen 7 from them they would but since I didn't they couldn't be certain about other things being what they would like them to be they couldn't do it.

Goodluck and have fun.

Jim Nilsen