PDA

View Full Version : Quick mini tub install question

tharber
02-20-2006, 06:32 AM
Any reason not to cut the trunk pan for the tubs while it is out of the car?

I have my new trunk pan only tacked in place and thought it would be much easier to trim the sheet metal if I took it out.

TH

gearbanger
02-20-2006, 06:56 AM
I would probably leave it, because that will keep you from having to put it in and take it out until you get it to fit. You can use one of those little air body saws and get it real close and then grind it to fit the tub perfect with a little angle grinder or something. Are you just slicing the tub and then scooting it in a couple of inches?

tharber
02-20-2006, 12:53 PM
Gearbanger,

I'm going to pull the whole assembly out again anyway. I'm not happy with the fitment of the original rails to the new trunk pan. I'm thinking of using the new Autoweld profile rails and moving them inboard enough to notch them as little as possible. I have the DSE kit as well as Quad link.

Thanks

OHCbird
02-20-2006, 05:13 PM
I was thinking of doing the same thing with the profile rails- I have the narrowed tank, so tank clearance shouldn't be an issue (I'll check anyway).

maro67
01-08-2017, 03:59 PM
For the original poster,

Im curious to known which way you went on this. I just bought a new full trunk floor and am considering the same thing.