PDA

View Full Version : ATS oil pan?

autokraft
02-19-2006, 03:45 AM
Pm me or e-mail me. I can show you what I did. Just another idea that may help you.

[email protected]

Kurt

phoenixdawg
02-19-2006, 08:28 AM
Ok is this pan worth $500 or should I just modify the stock pan on my LS1, the pan looks really nice but I don't know if I can justify the coin.

So I guess my question is what inherent advantage does this pan have and should I be willing to spend that kind of money?

Steve1968LS2
02-19-2006, 09:42 AM
Ok is this pan worth $500 or should I just modify the stock pan on my LS1, the pan looks really nice but I don't know if I can justify the coin.

So I guess my question is what inherent advantage does this pan have and should I be willing to spend that kind of money?

One problem I had with modifying the stock pan was that I had to toss the windage tray. That's fine for cruising but not for heavy use.

The ATS pan has better baffleing than the stock pan and is set up more for the high performance application where the car will see some high speed manuvering (ie, road track). It is also set up for the use of an oil cooler and remote oil filter(s). Oh, and it has a provision for oiling a forced induction unit also. If your just building a cruiser then the modified stock pan should be fine. If you are building a car for some track time or other more demanding use then the ATS pan is worth the extra $$.

To be fair the $500 ATS pan should be compared to buying an LS1 pan and paying to have it modified which would end up being $300 to $400 depending on how cheap you can score a pan. Also, keep in mind that with the ATS pan you need to figure in the cost of the remote oil filter.

I've see the pan and it's a very nice and well made unit.

So, how do you plan on using your car?

phoenixdawg
02-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Primarily a cruiser type of car, I doubt it will ever see the track, more than likely it will see more daily driver use than anything else, the occassional romp on the street.

ilovefirstgens
02-19-2006, 07:06 PM
ive got one in my car, no regrets on the extra coin. There is no doubt in my mind that this peice will stay with the car for as long as im staying with ls1s, consideing pretty much everything else will be replaced at one point or another.

Also it will be a great excuse to run turbos later.