PDA

View Full Version : My little 67 Nova...enjoy!

LoPro67
02-19-2006, 02:44 AM
I tried like heck to download the pictures and tell my story here, but my Iraqi internet connection is a little troubled sometimes. Please check it out on Car Domain.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265645

I hope you like what you see, as I cannot see, feel, ride, touch my car but only by the internet. Oh yeah that includes my wife too:naughty:

Jason
Baghdad, Iraq

ProTouring442
02-19-2006, 03:57 AM
Jason,

Sweet ride! Thank you for your service to our county, I really appreciate what you are doing for the people there. I pray you return safely to your family and your car!

Somebody buy this man a beer! :cheers:

coolclassiccars
02-19-2006, 04:26 AM
wow that's a real sweet ride nice work.

steemin
02-19-2006, 06:47 AM
Jason,

Sweet ride! Thank you for your service to our county, I really appreciate what you are doing for the people there. I pray you return safely to your family and your car!

Somebody buy this man a beer! :cheers:

DITTO!
Thank you,
Scott

syborg tt
02-19-2006, 06:57 AM
Jason that car is incredible and i would also like to thank you for everything you do for this country. My hat is off to you.

srh3trinity
02-19-2006, 07:36 AM
So many things right about this car, the color combo is nice, the wheels are just right, and the intake is sick, it is artwork.
Thanks for serving, I am sure you would much rather be here working on your ride. Stay safe, our prayers are with you.

Modo Innovations
02-19-2006, 08:06 AM
EXTREMELY NICE.......I like everything about it. I love that body style. Your choose of paint scheme tells everyone about your passion for our country. Thank you and your buddies for your service to protect our freedom. Stay safe, you are in our prayers.

69rs
02-19-2006, 10:01 AM
Very nice ride. Thanks for serving your country!:usa:

bowtieguys
02-19-2006, 11:35 AM
Awesome ride! Like everyone, I thank you for your service for our country!:twothumbs :usa:

gumbycw
02-19-2006, 01:10 PM
Wow! She's a bute. Very nice car. I really like that you went with an Air Ride suspension. I am doing the same thing.
Caleb

LoPro67
02-21-2006, 01:53 AM
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2265645

I got some updated photos today and posted them on the webpage. Only a matter of time now until she is done.

Thanks everyone for all the kind words and support to us out here on the edge.

Thanks for the kudos on the car too. It was really nice to finally get those thoughts out of my head and into form.

I am still looking for some magazine time. If anyone knows how to get in, let me know.

CAMAROBOY69
02-21-2006, 04:17 AM
Jason,
That car looks very very nice and clean. I really like the red/white and blue paint scheme. Looks like an excellent build! This smiley goes perfect with your car and this thread. :usa:

rocketrod
02-21-2006, 04:32 AM
WOW! Sweet ride!

Beegs
02-21-2006, 06:27 AM
That intake is the bawlz! Very nice combo of parts. What type of shop is your car at? ARe they collision type or only rod type shop? I am amazed at how clean and organized the shop is. On a different note thanks for your service. I do have a question for you. I have been curious to know exactly what troop morale is like in Iraq. I don't know anyone directly serving over there and wonder if you could give us a sense of how US troops view what is happening there. Take care and stay safe!
Bryan in NH

jy211
02-21-2006, 07:26 AM
nice ride. Thanks for keeping us safe! :firefire:

Bob Johnson
02-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Is there something wrong with me? I can't watch a hunting show..or animal show..or anything that shows animals being killed by man or beast. But I can watch a terrorist getting popped by a 50 Cal. bullet and I have to watch it over and over again. The Apache Helicopter one that show multiple 50 Cal hits is particularly exciting. The sniper one in Afghanistan is also very entertaining. But the best one is when the guy gets hit and it cuts him in half..his waist up is gone while his legs take another few steps. Jason keep your head up..Most people really appreciate what you're doing..the rest are too blind to see reality.

whytry
02-21-2006, 07:49 AM
Agreed, nice ride, I too am a big fan of air!!!

Thanks for keeping all of us safe.:usa::twothumbs:

LoPro67
02-21-2006, 09:02 AM
The question was asked about morale here in Iraq. I can tell you that the folks that I work with are still motivated, dedicated and committed to kill.....errrr establish democracy in a Muslim world. I have been here every year since the invasion and every year is gets more and more civilized. I really kinda miss the "good "ole days" of 2003-2004. It was like cowboys and indians for real:machine: . The days flew buy and you wished the nights would pass just as fast. Today, Iraq is a different story.

Never forget:
*the media reports the peaks and the valleys. It's the middle part that you never hear about and that is what most of us here do. We hit up the middle.

*this isn't "our war", we just work here. Never let Vietnam happen again. Support our troops to the end.:usa: We are soldiers not politicians. We don't make the rules, we just enforce them.

*the rifle is for the bad guys and the pistol is for me- those hostages really piss us off, they make the rest of us look bad by going off on there own and getting caught:help!: . If you get caught, that is what the pistol is for. The public will never know the whole truth on the American hostage thing...and that is ok.

LoPro67
03-11-2006, 01:52 AM
Check out the updates on CarDomain as the project is coming along.

Still in Baghdad protecting the remaining mosques.

Peace!

Jims78elky
03-11-2006, 01:59 AM
:eek: Wow,that is really nice! I just love the intake set-up!

Great job..and thank you for your service!:usa:

TonyHuntimer
03-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Nice ride Jason!

The 67 Nova is my favorite.

Keep up the good work. You have E-mail.

Tony Huntimer
RaceHome.com

LoPro67
03-21-2006, 08:38 PM
I have some updated pictures on the website. We finally got the 2006 GTO seats modified to fit in the back. Had to take 10 inches out of the seat back, but they tuck wonderfully now. We also had to create leather covered fiberglass armrests on each side to increase the width. The front seats fit without any major modifications at all. Now its time for the dash and the console fabrication work.

Im still in Baghdad preventing "an all out civil war".

ixfn
03-22-2006, 11:53 PM
Thank you.
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

:usa:

cmb570
05-20-2006, 01:42 PM
boy got skills !

1Fine69
05-20-2006, 02:33 PM
your car is art man. there is no other way to describe it. everything is so clean and it jsut goes together perfectly. Im going in to the navy special forces S.W.C.C after high school. i dont know what its like tot be out there but im getting a taste of it now and all i can say is thank you. You are putting yourself on the line for your country and i cant wait to do it as well!

speedster
05-20-2006, 04:02 PM
Jason -
It's really cool of you to give us the direct update on what is really going on over there. We support everything you do and it is an honor to have someone like you on our side. Take care and hope you make it back to the states safe to see your car and your girl...