PDA

View Full Version : Update on my 68 Bird

Blaster11
02-18-2006, 04:20 PM
Just a quick update on my Bird as you can see it has its first primer coat after getting new metal. It should be painted and on its way back from Prodigy customs in about a month. I really can't wait, never had one of my cars painted and I am thinking it will be to nice for me. LOL :seizure: It will have a long way to go before its back together but I have most of the parts stockpiled.

Thanks,

Bruce

Blaster11
02-18-2006, 04:22 PM
This is what it should look like when done.

speedster
02-18-2006, 04:32 PM
Bruce -
Your 68 Bird is going to be a looker with that paint, those wheels, hood, rear spoiler... Very nice. The color is anything but ordinary and it looks good with those whites stripes on that hood. Gets kinda exciting when things are actually coming together instead of apart !!
Frank will do a killer paint job.
I am a little partial to 68 Birds.

Blaster11
02-18-2006, 04:41 PM
I think Frank will do a great job also, its me I am worried about. I am partial to Birds also the first car I ever bought was a 68 Bird and I bought this to replace that one which I sold. :banghead: Live and learn. Hoping for a whole lot of :3gears:

Bruce

speedster
02-18-2006, 05:57 PM
What engine/tranny/rearend are you going to use ? From an old post an LT1?
Also, I am going to stop over at Frank's next month. Maybe I'll be lucky enough to see it. That would be cool... :)

srh3trinity
02-18-2006, 06:27 PM
I love the color choice and the stripes, have you considered using the screaming chicken anywhere. I know that came later with the firebirds, but it would be cool if you did one right on top of either hood scoop at the beginning of the stripe. I have seen it on 4th gen WS6 Trans ams and it looks cool. Or the old school emblems would be cool too.

Roger Poirier
02-18-2006, 08:10 PM
Just a quick update on my Bird as you can see it has its first primer coat after getting new metal. It should be painted and on its way back from Prodigy customs in about a month. I really can't wait, never had one of my cars painted and I am thinking it will be to nice for me. LOL :seizure: It will have a long way to go before its back together but I have most of the parts stockpiled.

Thanks,

Bruce

Boy, have I been there. The paint process transforms the whole car. You need to spend two days with Frank just to see the time involved during the paint process. Spraying the car is the easy part. Labor, labor and labor. Looking good.

R.P.

Blaster11
02-19-2006, 04:41 AM
Speedster: I am will be running a LT1/T56 combo and in the rear a 10 bolt with 3.90 gears. The LT1 will be running about .600 lift with a full port and polish job on factory aluminium heads. So it should get out of its own way just fine.

Trinity: I will be keeping the car pretty clean so no screaming chickens. If I run anything it will be either a custom Pro-Touring emblem on the gas filler door or just the Factory style Bird.

Roger: I wish I could spend some time over at Franks that would help me greatly with future projects. Living in MD and having my car in FL is just to far to hang out plus I am trying to save my vacation time for the build and hopefully Power-tour.

Bruce

CliffS
02-20-2006, 01:34 AM
Just love it, keep us updated. Dou you got any pics of the inside of the hood? I ordered a '69 FG hood for my Bird and want to see the differences.

Blaster11
02-20-2006, 03:41 AM
Cliff: sorry no pictures of the underside of the hood.

rohrt
02-20-2006, 05:44 AM
All right another pontiac bird. I like the 69 touches on the 68. looks great

CliffS
02-20-2006, 11:17 AM
Cliff: sorry no pictures of the underside of the hood.

No problem. Do you have any weight # on the hood?

Hammered
02-20-2006, 06:31 PM
It's great to see another 'bird going together. Is your hood the F/G version with steel frame? I'm interested in knowing how it looks and fits once it's on the car. Your car makes me wish I'd gone further with mine.

John

Blaster11
02-23-2006, 04:58 PM
Thanks for the comments guys!

Cliff: Sorry I don't have the weight on the hood because I bought it and had it shipped straight to Prodigy.

Hammered: The hood is the steel framed one, I didn't want hood pins so I held out for the steel frame. I think your car is great the way it is but there is always next time :poke:

I will keep you guys posted as I get more pictures. Now if we could just get someone to come out with led tailights for a Bird....hint hint