PDA

View Full Version : 5.7 hemi intake

Ron S
02-17-2006, 06:30 PM
Does anyone have the part# of the fuel injection 4 barrel type intake manifold used on the 5.7 crate hemi,it's printed right on the manifold,I had been checking the # regularly with chrysler but seem to have misplaced it thanks,Ron

B Schein
02-17-2006, 06:53 PM
The guys from Everhamm racing told me that Chrysler will not be selling the crate motor fuel injection manifold harness or computer separately. There reasoning is they don’t want people going and getting motors out of wrecked trucks and cars and trying to pass them of as new crate motors. That was at Good Guys in the fall have they changed there minds.

Ron S
02-18-2006, 04:31 AM
My freinds at chrysler said the same thing at first,I got them to run the chrysler part# off the manifold,it was not in there system,then I talked to someone else who said they where getting ready to release it,I wasn't that conserned because Iwas running the ls1 style manifold out of the 300c,but now I lost the part#,and its been and I while and I wanted to check on it again

Ron S
02-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Just spoke to edelbrock, said they are supposed to release carburated 5.7 hemi intake very soon,will talk to them this sat. at the big show in New York

dqhemi
03-02-2006, 07:15 AM
We're developing a 6.1 Hemi intake manifold. Part was designed in CAD and prototype done using Stereo Lythography rapid prototyping. Intake is currently mounted on a 6.1 Hemi and being dyno tested with different header and cam combinations. See pics of its progress attached. We'll have a shaker hood and TA/AAR base for this as well so you can do functional factory style scoops.

We will have full tuning of combos available w/ a standalone EMS, as well as billet 4 bbl throttle body, fuel rails and a complete EFI fuel system - bolt in stock looking tank w/ a pair of 255lph fuel pumps mounted in a pickup area that will keep the pickup fed under cornering, acceleration, etc. Fuel system will include an adjustable pressure regulator, pre-bent stainless feed and return lines w/ AN fittings on the engine compartment side so you can run braided stainless lines to your fuel rails. This is a bolt in for B and E bodies.

We also have race quality rods, pistons, rings, head and main studs for 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi's. We also have an aluminum radiator w/ aluminun shroud and HD electric fan (good for 800 HP), that is set up for the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi upper and lower hose sizes - again bolt in for B and E bodies. Also oil pans to clear K members.

We have also started the CAD work on a twin screw supercharger kit for the 6.1 Hemi. Intake is being designed right now and will have an integrated air-to-water intercooler to allow easy packaging in any vehicle.

We have a full engine development program underway for the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi's and will sell complete motors and all the parts as well.

Dream Car Garage on Speed is covering the development of our cars, suspension packages, brake packages, engine packages, etc., throughout their 2006 season. There is a segment on our company each week. We are completely re-engineering 68-70 B and 70-74 E body Mopars. There is alot of detailed info on our website, especially in the XV Engineering section.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com (http://www.xvmotorsports.com)

datyrogers
03-18-2006, 06:58 PM
The guys from Everhamm racing told me that Chrysler will not be selling the crate motor fuel injection manifold harness or computer separately. There reasoning is they don’t want people going and getting motors out of wrecked trucks and cars and trying to pass them of as new crate motors. That was at Good Guys in the fall have they changed there minds.

They have a kit (part# 5153339) has all of the performance goodies they put on the 5.7 Hemi crate engine (the 4bbl-style throttle-body, intake manifold, computer, wiring harness, etc..). It is almost $4800. I know of at least one that has been ordered and recieved.

-Daty