PDA

View Full Version : Average Hours to Paint a Camaro

MickyT
10-02-2004, 05:04 PM
I am looking to get my 67 painted. It is a bare metal shell with no windows, interior trim etc. I am looking to get it back with the windows and window trim installed. The car is original with minimal patch work probably 6 - 10 hours. Im trying to get a price for bodywork and paint in base/clear. I thought if I knew about how many hours were involved on average it would be helpful. Ive had quotes from $5000 - $12000. I would like a very good straight car however show quality not required. Any help appreciated.

Happyfunballs
10-03-2004, 04:38 AM
Estimating hours on a car that we can't see is difficult at best. My 67(convertible) is a shell with the quaters, trunk, extensions, drop-offs, floor pans and skins replaced. After being primed and blocked 4 times, I quit keeping track of hours at 510. I would say that if you had a fella that would do what you want for $5k, you better jump on it....provided he is a respected member of the bodywork/painting community. The last thing you want is a shotty job. Do your homework before you drop off your car.