PDA

View Full Version : I need inspiration

Little Bob
10-02-2004, 04:49 PM
I need inspiration. I went to work on car tonight and looked at it and just thought how much more I have to do. Then walked inside to see whats going on at PT.com. Does anyone have good advice or pictures or something? :crying: :help!: :nopity:

blazer4corners
10-02-2004, 05:12 PM
yea but do to board policy i can't postem :drool:

zbugger
10-02-2004, 05:52 PM
yea but do to board policy i can't postem :drool:

Ummm... remember the Private messages? Hee hee..... :smoke:

KrisHorton
10-02-2004, 06:43 PM
Not to sound like I'm shamelessly plugging myself or anything, but several of my customers have said that renderings offer a great deal of motivation in getting the work done. I mean, how cool would it be to see what your car will look like before it is done. Your motivation comes in wanting the picture to become a reality. :smoke:

Just my 2 cents.

TurboLark
10-02-2004, 07:16 PM
Not to sound like I'm shamelessly plugging myself or anything, but several of my customers have said that renderings offer a great deal of motivation in getting the work done. I mean, how cool would it be to see what your car will look like before it is done. Your motivation comes in wanting the picture to become a reality. :smoke:

Just my 2 cents.
I want a rendering! But you havnt returned my email questions. :banghead:
Only problem i have is that the rendering cant buy me more parts. :pat:

KrisHorton
10-02-2004, 08:08 PM
D'oh! Resend it, it probably got caught in one of my e-mail floods and never saw the light of day....sorry.

camcojb
10-02-2004, 08:26 PM
I second the rendering idea. Mine definitely got me motivated, and I'm again making progress!

Thanks Kris!

Jody

TRILOGYZ28
10-02-2004, 09:22 PM
my inspiration will be kris's rendering of my 71 Nova......soooooooonnnn ! :icon996:

Nine Ball
10-02-2004, 10:45 PM
Here was my motivation, I just wanted to hear it and drive it:

http://users.ev1.net/~ynot_dv8/69camaro/website/graphics/intake2.jpg
http://users.ev1.net/~ynot_dv8/69camaro/website/graphics/intake3.jpg

TurboLark
10-03-2004, 06:21 AM
D'oh! Resend it, it probably got caught in one of my e-mail floods and never saw the light of day....sorry.
Just Pm'd it to ya. Thanks Kris.

CAMAROBOY69
10-03-2004, 09:12 AM
Only problem i have is that the rendering cant buy me more parts.
That is the same problem I currently have. NO MONEY makes it really hard for motivation.
Where are you at currently with your project?
Is there something you can do while you wait for finances to build up?
Can you give us a list of what you have left to do?

TurboLark
10-03-2004, 12:55 PM
That is the same problem I currently have. NO MONEY makes it really hard for motivation.
Where are you at currently with your project?
Is there something you can do while you wait for finances to build up?
Can you give us a list of what you have left to do?
LOL..i'm at the very beginning. Car needs almost everything. I've got a garage full of parts that need to go together. I'm at a stumbling point with the engine(too much main bearing clearance) so need to figure that out. Interior is all out, body needs the rust repaired, need to build a rear axle, it goes on and on. I'm not hurting for money, I'm just short on time, i just dont have enough time to get things done.

Flynlo416
10-03-2004, 08:42 PM
How concerend are you with doing a E body ?? Not a Cuda A Challenger??I have tons of pics. I hope this is instretiing too you?? Let me know what you need as far as pics go?? I If you consiser my car??

Rick Dorion
10-04-2004, 03:51 AM
Kris' rendering was definatley inspiring for me and a goal to shoot for. Achieving it is another matter :)

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

CAMAROBOY69
10-04-2004, 05:17 AM
LOL..i'm at the very beginning. Car needs almost everything. I've got a garage full of parts that need to go together. I'm at a stumbling point with the engine(too much main bearing clearance) so need to figure that out. Interior is all out, body needs the rust repaired, need to build a rear axle, it goes on and on. I'm not hurting for money, I'm just short on time, i just dont have enough time to get things done.
Jeez you have all the money and the parts. Hmm what motivation do you need? QUIT POSTING ON THE BOARD AND GET YOUR BUT IN THE GARAGE!! :slap: :wedgie: :lmao: Or bring me all your parts and I will do it for you. :)

CAMAROBOY69
10-04-2004, 05:20 AM
or if that doesnt inspire you mabey this will....
Before pic then 3 weeks later all by myself including the 6 speed T-56.

TurboLark
10-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Jeez you have all the money and the parts. Hmm what motivation do you need? QUIT POSTING ON THE BOARD AND GET YOUR BUT IN THE GARAGE!! :slap: :wedgie: :lmao: Or bring me all your parts and I will do it for you. :)
For me, it's not really a motivation problem. It's more of a work space and time thing. I have a grand total of 1 lightbulb in my garage. That means I have to completely wire my garage so I can work in it after dark. I've got a business to run, a 13month old to play with, and regular stuff to do too.
Oh well, one step at a time. LOL

king67rsss
10-04-2004, 03:10 PM
or if that doesnt inspire you mabey this will....
Before pic then 3 weeks later all by myself including the 6 speed T-56.

Hey that inspired me!! You should do a write up on installing the dash so that others can do the same

c.schulz
10-04-2004, 03:20 PM
Ya Ive been feeling a little burned out lately.First I finished my garage last winter and was ready to dive into the car.Started saving some money.Was ready to pull trigger and the wife asked if she could redecorate the living room?So in being fair I said yes.So in about another 4 months Ill have that payed for and then its my turn.So the sooner I can pay off things the sooner I can get to my 71.So in the mean time I keep pluging away at the overtime hoping one day??????
Chris

litevette
10-05-2004, 10:09 AM
Yeah, I think a rendering by kris would certainly motivate. Then blow it up and hang it in you garage. Kind of like foose and those other guys do.

TurboLark
10-05-2004, 01:52 PM
Yeah, I think a rendering by kris would certainly motivate. Then blow it up and hang it in you garage. Kind of like foose and those other guys do.
That would make a bad a$$ wallpapr for the garage wouldnt it?!

KrisHorton
10-05-2004, 02:15 PM
:headbang:

I still need to get a poster of Scott's car. Then have one made of mine...

Kris

XcYZ
10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
Kris, shoot me an e-mail, I have a poster for you.

TurboLark
10-05-2004, 07:06 PM
:headbang:

I still need to get a poster of Scott's car. Then have one made of mine...

Kris
You no answer PM, you no post here no mo'

jonny51
10-05-2004, 09:53 PM
I can only Imagine how many PM's he gets.Time to raise the rates LOL.Did I say that?