PDA

View Full Version : Turn One Power Steering article

JohnUlaszek
02-10-2006, 08:55 PM
Some of you might find this article useful
http://gmhightechperformance.com/tech/0602htp_power/

It's worth mentioning the temps in Glenn's Camaro never approached the high temps the LS1 f-body's see due to an underdrive crankshaft pulley and the LT1's external reservoir.

The upshot, from testing and behind the wheel time, is that a properly valved pump will make a very noticable difference in the vehicle/driver interface and could prevent boiled fluid

Steve1968LS2
02-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Yep, Jeff at Turn One is my "go to guy" for anything steering related.. great guy and great product.

He built the power steering pump/pulley for Penny.. he has forgotten more about steering than I know.. lol

parsonsj
02-11-2006, 08:16 AM
John,

Nice article. Isn't Turn One the man behind the curtain for a lot of retail suppliers and engine builders?

jp

Steve1968LS2
02-11-2006, 08:30 AM
John,

Nice article. Isn't Turn One the man behind the curtain for a lot of retail suppliers and engine builders?

jp

Why yes, yes he is.. I found him 4 years ago when looking for components for my 4th gen f-body.

parsonsj
02-11-2006, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I'll be keeping an eye on my ps setup. Wegner used an AGR pump, so I'll see how it goes hooked up to my Woodward rack. At the first sign of trouble, I'll be calling Jeff.

jp

JohnUlaszek
02-13-2006, 10:29 AM
John,
I do know Turn-One supplies pumps to at least one company, but I got the feeling its primary customer was Nextel Cup. When I visited Turn-One there were rows upon rows of pumps and gearboxes seperated by the names of some of the biggest teams in Nextel Cup.
The GMHTP article is Turn-One's first in a street car publication, and the new LT1 pulley is a direct result of my request.