PDA

View Full Version : Ron Davis or BeCool?

ENP
02-10-2006, 03:23 PM
This is my first post to this excellent site. I have a 69 camaro with a 502 crate motor. I need a nice show quality radiator for my car. I am deciding between Ron Davis and Be Cool. I like both setups but I think I can get the BeCool for a lower price. I do like the Ron Davis 11-16CA69 radiator with the overflow tank on top. Has anybody installed this model in a 69camaro? I wonder how the overflow tank looks when mounted. The BeCool radiator I am looking at is model number 82168. I only want to do this once. I want to buy the perfect radiator. I have the march pulley system on my motor so I need the dual fan set up because of the clearance problem with my water pump pulley.
If anybody has any pics or know of any site showing these radiators installed in cars please let me know.
thanks!

Matt@RFR
02-10-2006, 04:04 PM
Ron Davis makes the best product (looks AND function AND support) you'll ever find. This is not debatable as far as I'm concerned.

OHCbird
02-10-2006, 04:06 PM
Ditto- My RD radiator is the best I've seen. Give Tim a call at RD & tell him you're with PT.com; he might give you a discount.

Damn True
02-10-2006, 05:06 PM
Or C&R or Afco?

ENP
02-10-2006, 05:25 PM
I looked at AFCO. They have a nice product but their radiator won't work with dual fans. Or at least the 69 camaro model.

Blown353
02-10-2006, 05:56 PM
My Be-Cool radiator works well but looks like I welded it myself (BTW, I suck at aluminum welding...)

Ron Davis all the way unless you get a deal you can't pass up on a Be-Cool.

ENP
02-12-2006, 04:16 AM
I am now leaning towards Ron Davis. I checked their website and their radiators are unbelievable. Has anybody used their radiator with tranny cooler. I spoke with somebody from RD and they said the cooler inlets will face the passenger tire. The dual fans cover the area where they should be. Has anybody bought this model? Any problems running the cooling line? Also, would I be better off using a external cooler? FYI I am not going to use braided line.

rocketrod
02-12-2006, 07:37 AM
None of the above. Contact http://www.alumrad.com/aboutus.htm

vintageracer
02-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Make sure that Ron Davis no longer uses "epoxy" in the construction of his radiators. I put a new RD in my vintage race car in 1997 and it was constructed at the tanks with epoxy. The radiator I purchased was a Winston Cup radiator. He built all his radiators that way at the time. I had a lot of problems. Ron finally "replaced" that radiator at his cost in 2003 as it had a lot of leakage issues. The replacement was all welded. The "old" radiator never did run hot, it just leaked and you cannot repair an epoxy tank radiator. I also run an oil cooler in the radiator on the old and new radiator.

I "think" he has completely gone away from epoxy as have most other manufacturers since the technology has changed. NO PROBLEMS AT ALL with the replacement.

Ron will build a radiator to fit "your" needs instead of making something work. On a 69 Camaro this should not be an issue since EVERYBODY builds radiators for these cars! Look for a radiator that fits you needs AND allows the type of fan(electric/mechanical), fan shroud, and mounting etc that meets your needs.

All the seller's have the best radiator made, just ask them!!!

ENP
02-12-2006, 12:11 PM
Vintage your right about dealers saying they have the best product. I believe RonDavis website says they use no epoxy in their radiators. Does anybody on this site have a picture of a Ron Davis in their car. I would really like to see how it looks in a 69 camaro before I pay the big bucks.

speedster
02-12-2006, 12:18 PM
Both Larry Callahan and Jody have one mounted in their Camaros.

ENP
02-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm new to this board. How can I get in touch with them. I would like to see a picture.

derekf
02-12-2006, 01:30 PM
If by 'them' you mean Larry Callahan or Jody, their usernames on the site are "Larry Callahan" and "Camcojb".

If, on the other hand, by 'them' you mean Ron Davis Radiators, their website is http://www.rondavisradiators.com/ or you could send a message to user "porschev8", who is our local Ron Davis representative.

speedster
02-12-2006, 02:49 PM
I snagged this photo of Jody's Ron Davis from his web site. (I hope that's OK with you Jody, if not, maybe I could bribe you with a Horton rendering) The other is not a back shot, but a front shot of Larry Callahan's Intercooler, but you can see the Ron Davis behind it. Both guys are very helpful and know their $#!t.

ENP
02-12-2006, 04:44 PM
Those look very nice. I am worried the RD radiator won't fit with my application. Does anybody know if the Ron Davis radiator will work with the March pulley system?

derekf
02-12-2006, 05:46 PM
I know that if you talk with Tim (porschev8), he should be able to give definitive answers for your application. I don't see any reason why they shouldn't be able to leave clearance for the March though.

Roger Poirier
02-12-2006, 06:15 PM
Good info to know. Even though I just have a GOAT. Same info applies.

R.P.

ENP
02-13-2006, 02:02 PM
Well I am a proud owner of a new Ron Davis radiator. It should be here in 3 weeks. I will post my opinion when it arrives.

aonghus
02-19-2006, 07:37 PM
I have a ron davis on my '68, worked like a charm with about 2" to spare with a long waterpump and a small block...

in2protour
02-22-2006, 05:06 PM
I bought a Be Cool because everyone had one on their car. But, if I had to chose over, I would pick Ron Davis.

ENP
03-27-2006, 02:40 PM
Well my wait is over. My Ron Davis radiator will be here tomorrow. Can't wait to see how it looks. I will post my opinion tomorrow when the big brown truck arrives.

Rybar
03-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Good choice, and your opinion will be :jawdrop: when you see it, they are so nice.

ENP
03-28-2006, 03:24 PM
Well the big brown truck dropped it off today. Everyone is right, it's awesome. Anybody have any suggestions where to mount the two relays?

Steve1968LS2
03-28-2006, 04:05 PM
Ron Davis makes the best product (looks AND function AND support) you'll ever find. This is not debatable as far as I'm concerned.

Even though he makes shrouds without flappers??? lol

As to the thread:

RD makes one of the best.. BeCool will be way less expensive.. you get what you pay for. If you can afford the stuff off the top shelf then I say go for it.

Richz68
03-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Man guys..... I wish I was allowed to tell you about ours.....

I will never knock Ron Davis for quality, but I can say you can get the same craftmanship & save money if you look around...

I
I
I
V

ENP
05-05-2006, 04:12 PM
Well, I went to install my RD radiator today and it was to big. I bought the big 3.5 inch core and should have bought the 3" version. If anybody has a big block w/ march pulleys don't buy the big 3.5" core radiator. It won't fit. Just giving future buyers a heads up.

ProdigyCustoms
05-05-2006, 04:23 PM
We run one in Prodigy, and can't seem to get the 540 hot even in 90 degree Florida Weather

ENP
05-05-2006, 05:07 PM
You run the 3" core RD?

John McIntire
05-06-2006, 01:30 PM
I have a Be Cool radiator, but just recently purchased a Ron Davis, hasn't arrived yet.
I actually bought 3, yes THREE Be Cool Radiators. One from Jegs, one from Summit, and one directly from BE Cool.
Here's the story. I got one from Jegs, it wasnt totally square, it was kind of warped. It would'nt sit flush to the core support. If you placed it laying on the ground, it would wobble, like a table with uneven legs. Returned that one.
Got the second from Summit, same darn thing, unbeleivable!!!!
Contacted BE Cool about it and they culdn't believe it. The guy I dealt with was very cool, and actually went out to the factory himself and hand picked one from the line. That one fit like a charm.

I have had it for about 3 years, with the dual SPAL fans and it has been great. I could idle my car up against a brick wall in 100 degree heat and my car would never overheat. I had a 180 degree thermostat, and the coolant temp never went over it. Those dual puller fans are amazing, with the hood closed it could suck paper to the grill!!!

I went with the Ron Davis because I like how clean it is, and how it looks "fabricated" I like all the welds on the aluminum, and how the dual fans are shrouded in aluminum.
As far as how it performs, or really looks, I can't say, because I don't have it yet.

When I do, you will see a Be Cool radiator and fan set up for sale!

John

Matt@RFR
05-06-2006, 09:24 PM
John, you might as well put that Be Cool up for sale now. :)

Steve1968LS2
05-23-2006, 04:01 PM
BeCool is great if you don't mind a mass produced "cookie cutter" radiator.. I have better luck with small places like AFCO and Alumarad. That way I get the custom built radiator at a reasonable price.

I will say that the most beautiful radiator, if you have a big budget, is Ron Davis.

Oh, one pet peeve on the BeCool stuff.. the oval upper radiator inlet.. oval??????

ss dave
05-27-2006, 03:15 PM
I'll post here as opposed to starting another thread. Has anyone seen the Fluidyne rads- any experience with them?

ENP
06-16-2006, 07:30 PM
Got my new RD radiator. It fit really nice. Where is a good location to install the two relays for my fans. There is no room on the radiator support because of the battery, horn relay, washer bottle,etc... Somebody mentioned to mount them on the front of the radiator support. Does anybody have any suggestions.

Steve1968LS2
06-16-2006, 07:46 PM
I'll post here as opposed to starting another thread. Has anyone seen the Fluidyne rads- any experience with them?

Only pics.. they have a very unique design (the finned side tanks)..

Roadrage David
06-18-2006, 03:23 AM
chek out Rodney red radiators!!!!

clonez28
06-20-2006, 01:48 PM
Got my new RD radiator. It fit really nice. Where is a good location to install the two relays for my fans. There is no room on the radiator support because of the battery, horn relay, washer bottle,etc... Somebody mentioned to mount them on the front of the radiator support. Does anybody have any suggestions.

I mounted mine to the bottom side of the battery tray. Accessible but not visible.

silver69
06-22-2006, 07:46 AM
I agree with steve BeCool to plain also do not understand oval inlet if I had to do over would go with Ron Davis or Rodney Red.Put my relays under dash.

Joe

USAZR1
06-23-2006, 07:24 AM
We run one in Prodigy, and can't seem to get the 540 hot even in 90 degree Florida Weather

Frank,any chance there could be a Ron Davis GP in the near future?

porschev8
06-23-2006, 08:20 AM
Does anybody on this site have a picture of a Ron Davis in their car. I would really like to see how it looks in a 69 camaro before I pay the big bucks.

This is all I have at the moment

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/FEB%20AND%20MARCH%202006%20051.jpg

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/motor_detail07.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/06/motor_detail05-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/06/5200620037-1.jpg

funcars
07-10-2006, 12:44 PM
I have a RD radiator in my 1990 C4 corvette. It works great on the track at 90+ degrees air temp and 500 hp and it looks well made (of course it is invisible with the giant box around it in the car). I have also ordered a custom radiator in the past from Fluidyne's race shop and got a very nice part from them as well (for a V6 Alfa).

Tiger
09-01-2006, 02:56 AM
wow!
I'd like of those in the last pic for my 68 Chevelle.
do you also have AC radiators (condenser?)
could you PM me an offer for the rad (no AT oil cooler) with fans, tank and fan switch?

thanks

Mr.VENGEANCE
09-20-2006, 09:02 PM
how much does a RD radiator run for?

Steve1968LS2
09-21-2006, 05:20 AM
how much does a RD radiator run for?

Im sure it depends on what you order.. but everyone I've talked to is right around a grand with all the goodies.

I just installed the AFCO radiator and it fit perfect.. price is right around $450 (without fan/shroud) and comes polished.

Best of all it isn't spray painted with a companies logo.. sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine.

TitoJones
09-21-2006, 09:33 AM
Best of all it isn't spray painted with a companies logo.. sorry, that's a pet peeve of mine.

The 3 RD radiators that we just purchased do not have the big blue logo on it, and we didn't even ask to have it off. The thing that bugs me about the Afco radiator for the 1st gen w/ LSX engines is that they didn't put the inlet/outlet on the same side.

Tyler

Hammered
09-21-2006, 04:25 PM
I agree with Steve. RD not only spray painted a big blue logo, they sloppily stamped their phone number top and center - TACKY. I get PO'd just thinking about it. Otherwise it's a work of art.

porschev8
09-22-2006, 09:31 AM
Sorry about the logo & stamp. On our street car radiators we don't spray the logo on the core anymore if it can be seen through the grill. I know the stamping is ugly but we're having a new die made that will look much better. Hopefully it will be done soon.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/09/stamp-1.jpg

camcojb
09-22-2006, 11:48 AM
Can we get them without the logo Tim? I'm very proud of your stuff, no doubt, but would prefer it not have the logo.

Jody

jack67rs
09-24-2006, 06:22 PM
That's funny, everyone who see's my RD radiator says "What's up with the logo and the stamp, did they pay you for that". I really can't wait to put my ac condensor in front of it to block logo. Don't get me wrong the radiator is amazing as for the quality and workmanship, but the logo's really are tacky and are pointed out more often the quality welding and fab. Had I thought about it before hand I would of asked to have them deleted.

Verboten
09-24-2006, 08:11 PM
I called SRS last week after I noticed them from a previous post. got a killer price for a polished 1st gen unit $833 .

They are super great guys. I asked them about RD-BeCool-Griffin and they never tried to discredit them. i hate sales pitches. I think they are super looking

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif

CliffS
09-26-2006, 11:57 AM
That's funny, everyone who see's my RD radiator says "What's up with the logo and the stamp, did they pay you for that". I really can't wait to put my ac condensor in front of it to block logo. Don't get me wrong the radiator is amazing as for the quality and workmanship, but the logo's really are tacky and are pointed out more often the quality welding and fab. Had I thought about it before hand I would of asked to have them deleted.

Do you got a pic from the logo on the radiator? Like to see it before I order a RD.

jack67rs
09-26-2006, 06:58 PM
Here's an old picture.

CliffS
09-26-2006, 11:36 PM
Ok Thanks. If I see this ok it's on top in the middle? BTW nice looking engine bay!

porschev8
09-27-2006, 10:03 AM
Can we get them without the logo Tim? I'm very proud of your stuff, no doubt, but would prefer it not have the logo.

Jody

Sure we can delete the stamp no problem! But it must be requested upon placing the order

porschev8
09-27-2006, 01:20 PM

I didn't realize this was such a big issue.
I have a couple solutions for those of you having this logo problem. Give me a call 623-877-5000 ext.3

What's really funny is.. I've actually had several people complain that the logo wasn't painted on the front of the radiator. Some people even requested a stencil so they could paint it on themselves.

CliffS
09-27-2006, 01:30 PM
Ok Thanks. If I see this ok it's on top in the middle? BTW nice looking engine bay!

I did mean the stamp, logo is ok:hand:

ENP
09-27-2006, 04:49 PM
My RD radiator came with a metal anniversary tag on top of the radiator but no blue logo.

nancejd
09-27-2006, 05:08 PM
Am I silly to assume that the logo would come off with some brake cleaner and a paint brush?

John McIntire
09-27-2006, 05:16 PM
i'm not to thrilled about my radiator having the logo on it either, or the crappy stamping(covered by the radiator top plate), or the 30th anniversary sticker(thats a quick fix). But Tim, I went to mount my radiator in the car the other day and I cant get it to seat right. On the top and bottom are thes aluminum stands at each end, do they replace the rubber pads? I only have to worry about the ones on the bottom, because the ones on the top are too far apart.
I lay the radiator down in the core support, and when I bring it back so I can "sandwich" it with the top plate, I can get it to come back far enough, I have about 1/2 to 3/4 inch before the holes will even line up.
I have pics, but unfortunately i'm working from a crappy laptop right now because my main computer crashed, I'm sure they would help you, but about that darn blue logo...........

porschev8
09-27-2006, 06:39 PM
i'm not to thrilled about my radiator having the logo on it either, or the crappy stamping(covered by the radiator top plate), or the 30th anniversary sticker(thats a quick fix). But Tim, I went to mount my radiator in the car the other day and I cant get it to seat right. On the top and bottom are thes aluminum stands at each end, do they replace the rubber pads? I only have to worry about the ones on the bottom, because the ones on the top are too far apart.

I lay the radiator down in the core support, and when I bring it back so I can "sandwich" it with the top plate, I can get it to come back far enough, I have about 1/2 to 3/4 inch before the holes will even line up.
I have pics, but unfortunately i'm working from a crappy laptop right now because my main computer crashed, I'm sure they would help you, but about that darn blue logo...........

Obviously you have the wrong radiator. Send it back and I'll refund your money.

porschev8
09-27-2006, 08:24 PM
I have some solutions.

-Logo on the core... I'm sorry. We no longer paint the cores on most of our street car radiators. If you already have one with the logo and want it removed....do not try to clean it. Go to Home Depot and buy a can of Krylon "Dull Aluminum" paint. It matches the color of the aluminum core perfectly and it won't hurt the cooling a bit. The cost is less than $5

-"tacky" stamping issue... I'm sorry. Personally, I don't really like it either but I think this has been blown way out of proportion. The stamp measures 3.5" wide by .5" tall (see picture below) and it can be deleted upon request. I know the die is not the best looking thing in the world but it wasn't done "sloppily".

-30th anniversary sticker issue... Use your imagination. :hmm:

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/09/stamp1-1.jpg

porschev8
09-27-2006, 08:31 PM
Just like Tito said....no more painted logo on the cores.

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/09/nologo-1.jpg

Damn True
09-27-2006, 09:57 PM
For some reason I dig the C&R logo, but the RD kinda bugs me. Wierd.

porschev8
09-27-2006, 10:32 PM
For some reason I dig the C&R logo, but the RD kinda bugs me. Wierd.

Thanks for that helpful information.

Damn True
09-28-2006, 12:01 AM
Not intended to be anything but an observation. I just like the font used in the C&R logo. It's just a better looking brand logo. I have no tech on the differences between the products.

camcojb
09-28-2006, 07:00 AM
I have a Be Cool radiator in Malitude, but I'm sending it back to Ron Davis to have them make me one of their setups with the same mounting (it was modded by Mark for the intercooler so the mounting is not stock).

The Be Cool works fine but there is no comparison on appearance in my opinion. Plus I like their fan setup better and the clean mounting of the overflow tank.

Jody

70GS455
09-28-2006, 10:45 AM
Hmm. I count only 39 rows of tubes, 1 or 2 less than most others.

Tiger
09-28-2006, 01:08 PM
Tim,

Can I have your email by PM=?

John McIntire
09-28-2006, 04:22 PM
tim, i still need a radiator, whats the turn around time on getting a new one?

porschev8
09-28-2006, 11:40 PM
A refund sounds good to me. It really won't be a problem.

DJW32
09-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Tyler,
Steve1968ls2 is running an afoc radiator with the inlet/outlet on the same side...

update 10/04/06: I'm a jacka$$. Steve's setup was custom

John McIntire
09-29-2006, 05:36 PM
A refund sounds good to me. It really won't be a problem.

and what about the new one????

porschev8
09-29-2006, 09:31 PM
Sorry but everything I have has a big blue logo on the core and a "crappy" stamp on the top. ....I'd never hear the end of it.

LSRS7
09-29-2006, 11:35 PM
Thats some funny **** right there :rotfl: Tim, I,m new to this hobby so I called RD and spoke with Bill. Funny thing is he built one for me just the way I wanted it. No ugly blue logo, no crappy stamp, inlet, outlet, double pass on the right side for my ls motor. Don't know about 39,40, or 41 rows, don't have the attention span to stare at a picture to count. Anyway, thanks for a great product, couldn't be happier.

If anyone cares and has a 69 camaro with a ls motor it's part#11-16CA6700
Delete Logo!

Jason

LowBuckX
09-29-2006, 11:52 PM
Thats some funny **** right there :rotfl: ..................... Don't know about 39,40, or 41 rows, don't have the attention

I dont care if it only has 10 if it works it works.

John McIntire
09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Sorry but everything I have has a big blue logo on the core and a "crappy" stamp on the top. ....I'd never hear the end of it.

Tim, I'm really getting a bad vibe and sensing some sarcasm in your replies.

I am going to return the radiator since it does not fit, but would also like to obtain a replacement, one that fits and one without the blue logo sprayed on the fins.

If you do not wish to supply me with a replacement because I have made some comments of your product, I will gladly take my business elsewhere.

LowBuckX
09-30-2006, 10:41 PM
Sometimes the comment would be best made over the phone and not on a public forum.
And definatly not on a forum where Ron Davis has a good rep and a large following.

Im running a Summit universal Rad with very good results. Im not a payed spokesman for R/D but Ive seen to many posts about how good they are to put them down.

TIM make Bling Bling that works... Sorry Tim had to toss that in for the fun of it.. :look:

John McIntire
10-01-2006, 09:28 PM
I really did not think that this would get blown out of proportion as it did. A comment was made by Steve, and I and a few others agreed with it.

In no way did I mean to "put down" or "knock" RD's radiators. Tim should have looked at this as constructive crticism. Now when people call to place an order, maybe that could be a question, "hey, do you want the RD logo on the front of your radiator?"

I really like RD's products, the detail is amazing. I have one sitting here with some fitment issues right now. I sold my BeCool setup with the amazing "flappers" in the shroud and replaced it with this one. I get alot of comments and questions about it when people walk into my shop. As far as I'm concerned, BeCool couldn't hold a candle to RD. Night and day difference, the welds, fabwork, fans, shrouding, all top notch.

Anyways, if I presented myself poorly in earlier posts I would like to apologize to Tim. I would like to still get a new one, so Tim, if you would, please contact me through email or Private messaging, and we'll straighten this all out.

Thanks for your time

porschev8
10-01-2006, 11:42 PM
We discussed a fix to your logo problem back in June. Constructive criticism is great but... 4 times in 3 months was a little much.
I guess I took it a little personal but it's hard not to.
Sure, we can build one to fit your car and I'll make sure we keep the logo on the box only.
Turn around time will be a couple weeks max.

raptor0443
10-03-2006, 08:08 PM
be cool is the best, my .02

LowBuckX
10-03-2006, 08:40 PM
be cool is the best, my .02
Wow that totaly swayed my opinion. But you are wrong. Summit universal are the best. :spank2:

DJW32
10-04-2006, 09:56 AM

CliffS
02-17-2007, 08:42 AM
This is all I have at the moment

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/FEB%20AND%20MARCH%202006%20051.jpg

http://www.rondavisradiators.com/motor_detail07.jpg

https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/06/motor_detail05-1.jpg
https://static1.pt-content.com/images/pt/2006/06/5200620037-1.jpg

I got my RD the other day, very happy with the quality.
Now it's time to get a radiator cap (totally forgot). If I'm not mistaken the rad. in the pic above is a Billet Specialties cap. It matches the cap on the recovery tank because of the knurled grip.
RD installation sheet says you need a cap which holds 17 to 19 LBS for street use for racing use 19 to 24 lbs. The BS cap is rated at 16 psi. The Firebird will be driven on the street and occasionally on te strip. Will the BS cap hold?

Hammered
02-18-2007, 11:02 AM
I have the BS cap on my RD radiator. It's an aluminum cover pressed onto a conventional cap. If all else fails, just get a higher pressure conventional cap.

If you're like me, you're going to want to polish the overflow tank cap to get a true match.

CliffS
02-18-2007, 11:06 AM
Thanks Hammered,

I will polish it, Did you already drive your Poncho with the BS/RD combo?

porschev8
02-21-2007, 02:48 PM
16 psi. cap will be just fine.

CliffS
02-23-2007, 01:14 PM
Thanks again Tim!

triplecap
02-23-2007, 11:22 PM
I've never used RD or BeCool, but I've had Matson's Radiator in Stanton, CA build me two radiators. Look just like the RD ones except they're double-pass (inlet/outlet on the same side). He uses SPAL fans too, and has options for remote motors that are belt driven to save on space. Not sure what RD charges, but my setup with dual SPAL fans, a custom tig'd aluminum shroud, all polished was about $880. The only time I had it run warm on me it ran 230 in the 115 degree SoCal heat (probably b/c I didn't have a thermostat).

Eric

Flash68
09-09-2007, 09:37 PM
I've never used RD or BeCool, but I've had Matson's Radiator in Stanton, CA build me two radiators. Look just like the RD ones except they're double-pass (inlet/outlet on the same side). He uses SPAL fans too, and has options for remote motors that are belt driven to save on space. Not sure what RD charges, but my setup with dual SPAL fans, a custom tig'd aluminum shroud, all polished was about $880. The only time I had it run warm on me it ran 230 in the 115 degree SoCal heat (probably b/c I didn't have a thermostat).

Eric

Eric, got any pics of your Matsons?

I would like to explore this option.

thanks

KillerWolf
09-28-2007, 06:53 AM
For cost vs. features, I'd go w/ a C&R of Afco. There's a ton of them on ebay in new or like new condition. You'll have to fabricate a little but you have options on size, dual pass, integrated coolers & they are high quality.

My 2cents.

scotty H.

KillerWolf
09-28-2007, 06:57 AM
Also, go with as thick a core as will fit (2-1 & 1/2" tubes). better to have more rad capacity & use your thermostat for temp control.