PDA

View Full Version : Baer Brakes Serious Street?

Rileys68Camaro
10-01-2004, 08:12 PM
Who runs these? I really want to put the Track system on with the 13" rotors, but I can't afford rims and tires to fit. To many others things I need first.

But I do need good brakes. I was thinking I'd get the Serious Street front setup for now, and then switch over to the Track system later. However, I was talking to Baer and they said it wouldn't save me much money.

So how does the Serious Street setup do? I'm looking at $300 for a new booster/mc for what I have now, or $900 for the Baer kit.

Thoughts/ideas?

68RallySport
10-01-2004, 09:33 PM
Im in the same situation. Thought i might upgrade but rims and tires just makes the price go quite high. and i have to decide by tommorow morning...
David

Woody
10-02-2004, 08:22 PM
I just finished installing the Serious Street system on the front of my 68 Camaro. I still have drums in the back, but with just the front discs there is a noticeable difference in stopping power.

If you need a new booster, you should know that the booster is not included in the Serious Street kit, only the master cylinder.

67rsconvert
10-02-2004, 08:51 PM
I just got the Baer track fronts and disc rears they are great and have helped in feel and braking overall a fair amount but adding hydroboost was the biggest improvement by far for me. I did have factory style disc brakes on the front before the new Baers though. I would suggest looking at hydroboost as an part of an overall system or even a bandaid until you spring for the Baers.

Rileys68Camaro
10-03-2004, 08:03 AM
Hmm, I was pretty sure Baer told me the booster was in the kit. I'll have to make double shure that it's availible before I decide.

USAZR1
10-04-2004, 05:05 PM
Power boosters are an extra cost option with Baer brake systems.