PDA

View Full Version : Corvette suspension in 72 cutlass

72cutlass
02-08-2006, 08:07 PM
Hey guys. Need some opinions. Since i bought my cutlass I’ve wanted to do vette IRS in it. My friend bought an 86 vette last year for cheap and totaled it 4 days later. He’s now finally parting out what’s left of it and wants 700obo for the rolling chassis minus the motor. That includes front and rear suspension, the 700r4 tranny, and whatever else is left of the body and interior.

My question is, is this a good candidate for my cutlass. Would I be able to use the front suspension as well? or should I just offer him less for just the rear. what’s your guys thoughts on this.

Thanks
Dave

72cutlass
02-08-2006, 08:14 PM
This is a pic of his car. minus the engine now though

CAMAROBOY69
02-09-2006, 04:28 AM
That would be sick if you get it all to work. :cool:
I would take some measurements of the width of the Corvette compared to the width of your Cutlass. If it is close you can order any backspacing for your wheels to make them tuck under the car exactly how you want. I know there are a few members on this board that have switched to Corvetted IRS so I am sure someone can help you for sure.

vintageracer
02-09-2006, 05:37 AM
If the suspension is any count that a GREAT buy. You can buy and resell the suspension alone for at least $1000-$1200. Buy it anyway!