PDA

View Full Version : RSE for Everyone!!!

Radio Joe
10-01-2004, 12:33 PM
Rear Seat Entertainment.

Hey guys I thought of a way to quickly install and remove LCD monitors from the back of the front seats. Quick and easy. I was going to try to market them through my shop but then thought it probably wont sell big to the classic car groups so I thought I would post the idea here and you can all use it in your cars if you want. If you decide to market them yourself I would appreciate some recognition... Anyway

This idea is probably best for older cars with low back buckets baut can work on most seats. You must buy an LCD monitor with the headrest mount box (many monitors come with them but check before you buy). Then buy a set of stretchy seat covers from Walmart. Pull the seat cover over the seat to where it would normally sit. Cut a piece of wood or something that will fit snug-ly inside the headrest mount box. Use some strong spray glue on the inside of the headrest box. Slide the box under the seat cover and up to the position you want the monitor to be at. Now stick the piece of wood (or whatever) that you cut into the headrest box while the seatcover is covering it. This will stick the seatcover material to all sides of the headrest box. Let it dry (you could remove the whole assembly from the seat to let it dry as long as the wood doesnt let the material move while drying). After the glue has dried, remove the wood. Now you have the cavity to mount the LCD screen in. You will need to cut a hole into the seatcover (inside the box) to allow the cables to pass through. If your headrest box also came with a trim ring, you can install that for a finished look. I suggest if the box is metal that you cover the back of it with sticky felt to protect your seats. Sticky felt sheets can be found at Walmart for under a buck! Thats it.

Now when you are going to drive with the kids in the car, just slip the seat cover over the seat and plug it into a DVD or playstation and they can watch to their hearts content. You can even use wireless headphones and you wont hear a peep out of em. The seat cover also covers the wires up so you dont have to worry about the kids yanking them out.

Anyway it is just one design I thought some people might be able to use if they wanted that type of thing in their car. If anyone has any questions let me know.