PDA

View Full Version : lifters

harshman
02-07-2006, 08:02 AM
I'm contemplating all the complexities of attempting 450-500 rwhp. Heads, cam and intake are on the menu but what about lifters? Will the stock lifters work considering that a cam will accomplish the lift that is desired?

of BTW, one more post and it will be 500. Wooooot!!!
i'd like to thank all the little people......

rocketman
02-08-2006, 11:23 PM
i would use either a solid roller or a good hyd roller,comp has the best valvetrain products.i run there stuff in everything i build

phoenixdawg
02-09-2006, 05:51 AM
seems to me that reading on LS1 tech that to get that 450-500 hp, on the LS1 you could accomplish this with a head, cam, intake, and pushrod swap, don't think you need to change the lifters

speedster
02-09-2006, 07:08 AM
harshman- the lifters depend a lot on what rpm you plan on spinning the engine. Are you looking for hydraulic, solid, hydraulic roller or solid roller ? You know the old rule, are you looking to spend the extra money for a roller setup, or are "standard" lifters better for you budget. Also, what valvesprings are you getting on the heads ? If you change the cam, you really should change the lifters.

derekf
02-09-2006, 07:26 AM
The stock LS1 lifters are already hydraulic roller.

I'm expecting roughly 425-450 rwhp out of mine with head, cam, intake, pushrod, and tuning - without replacing the lifters. Hopefully someone with a hotter LS1 will speak up though.

speedster
02-09-2006, 07:31 AM
sorry, didn't know it was going to be an LS1. I thought your motor was originally a 396 BBC. So then it would be hydraulic roller vs. solid roller. What rpm are you looking for. If higher winding hydraulic roller, you can use beehive valve springs and if need be a hydraulic rev kit. If not rpm crazy, then the stock ones should be fine.

harshman
02-09-2006, 10:44 AM
Honestly, I have never driven an LS1 and so I have no idea of its characteristics. I have had a flippin solid lift cam in my BBC and hated it. I want something fun to drive without working on the thing all the time – hence LS1. I suspect that the car will eventually weigh around 32-3300 lbs (currently 3700 lbs) when I am finished and it is already decked with Nitto's sticky tires. . The car will be driven hard and it will see lots of track time too. I'm done with the car show thing and I have the bug to play hard.

02-09-2006, 10:46 AM
Stock lifters, or Comp 850's have supported 900+ RWHP in our shop car.

Tom
www.speedinc.com

harshman
02-09-2006, 11:05 AM
The car will be driven hard and it will see lots of track time too.... AND it will see a magazine again so sponsors are very welcome as Nitto has already jumped in the bag.