PDA

View Full Version : Commander 950 in Chevelle

chevy66chevelle
02-06-2006, 07:43 PM
I recently bought a commander 950 system for my 66 chevelle and I am having a problem with how to run my return line. I was thinking about a fuel cell or a custom tank from ricks, but being in highschool and involved in sports I have no time for a job which also means no money. So then I started thinking of either running the fuel line into the filler neck, or using the sending unit in my tank now and brazing in a hard metal line. Also I am planning on running AN line up and back and also an inline fuel pump that came with the kit. What do you guys think is the best and cheapest way to do this out of these ideas or anything else you have seen or done yourselves?

andrewb70
02-06-2006, 08:18 PM
I would suggest adding a return line into the sending unit. You also don't want to run too much braided line. Run as much hard line as possible and connect with short lengths of braided hose on the ends. Make sure that you mount the inline pump no higher than the centerline of the fuel tank.

Andrew

I recently bought a commander 950 system for my 66 chevelle and I am having a problem with how to run my return line. I was thinking about a fuel cell or a custom tank from ricks, but being in highschool and involved in sports I have no time for a job which also means no money. So then I started thinking of either running the fuel line into the filler neck, or using the sending unit in my tank now and brazing in a hard metal line. Also I am planning on running AN line up and back and also an inline fuel pump that came with the kit. What do you guys think is the best and cheapest way to do this out of these ideas or anything else you have seen or done yourselves?