PDA

View Full Version : parts renderings I made

Camaro_Dan
02-05-2006, 05:25 PM
I have been using Solidworks since christmas and I'm begining to get a hang of it. The goal is to get some of the parts I design manufactured, first off for my car, mostly for fun, but also to promote myself and maybe, maybe I can some day do this sort of custom work for other, who knows. Still a bit to learn. Just wanted to see what you guys think of these two parts.

one is a waterpump pulley and the other a brake/clutch pedal

CAMAROBOY69
02-05-2006, 07:38 PM
Looks great. How the heck did you make them look so real using solid works? I use it ever day and cant make my part renderings look that good! Any tips would be appreciated.

Ralph LoGrasso
02-05-2006, 07:46 PM
Wow, very nice. The clutch pedal especially; it looks incredibly real.

Matt@RFR
02-05-2006, 10:44 PM
Adam, you have to have SolidWorks Office Pro or the PhotoWorks add on.

Here's a before and after...this is the result of clicking one button. Then you can adjust lighting, background, color...all kinds of stuff.

Camaro_Dan
02-05-2006, 10:53 PM
Just like Matt said. I just found the Photoworks part of the program yesterday at about 2am so I sat a few hours fiddling with it. very cool stuff, more fun to work with Solidworks now that I don't have to look at the boring jpg exports of my drawings :D

Thanks for all the inputs. Please come with some more ideas of parts that you might want o want to se made. need ideas.

CAMAROBOY69
02-06-2006, 04:08 AM
Adam, you have to have SolidWorks Office Pro or the PhotoWorks add on.

Here's a before and after...this is the result of clicking one button. Then you can adjust lighting, background, color...all kinds of stuff.
Thanks Matt. I guess we dont have that add on or I could really have some fun with some of the drawings I am doing.

syborg tt
02-06-2006, 08:45 AM
okay that looks very similar to the wilwood pedal. Please tell me it is because i can stop working on it.

Okay if it is i've got a place that can make them if you don't

Camaro_Dan
02-06-2006, 09:44 AM
well yes! I made this pedal after looking att Wilwoods pedals!! :D man you got an eye for those pedals :D I liked the way the wilwood pedal looked in shape, but thought it could use a makeover and I think I made a pretty good job :D
But I don't get what you meen syborg tt?!
what are you working on? do you want this pedal? sorry, please clarify for me, I'm Swedish :D

Thanks

syborg tt
02-06-2006, 09:55 AM
what are you working on? do you want this pedal? sorry, please clarify for me, I'm Swedish :D

yep i couldn't agree with you more i love the wilwood pedal assmebly but it needs to be updated.

My gaol was to have something that looks as nice as the lokar gas pedal so we doing all of the measurements on my Wilwood pedal and putting all of that into solid works. We had planned to just remove the Wilwood pedal and make a billet version and polish it.

Is yours an exact duplicate of the wilwood pedal

Camaro_Dan
02-06-2006, 10:00 AM
That's the thing, I did not find any measurements of the wilwood pedal, nor do I own one, just looked at a picture of one. but if you have all the measurements, please send them to me:
[email protected] and I will make one that is accurate. any suggestions on design? mainly in the space where it says wilwood on their pedal, that I just cut out?
let me know
Thanks
/Dan

syborg tt
02-06-2006, 10:18 AM
I will see Paul on Saturday and i'll get a copy of them. I will see what he's done.

Design - your's looks very nice. I'll get you an image of the lokar pedal that we are trying to match.

Camaro_Dan
02-06-2006, 10:20 AM
ok thanks! I'll take a shot at it from the Lokar design point of view just in case.

sunkistcamaro
02-06-2006, 12:50 PM
great job!!

Camaro_Dan
02-06-2006, 01:08 PM
thanks!

NvrDun71
02-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Those look awesome man.... I'm taking an introductory Solidworks course as we speak and am also really starting to see the abilities of the program. After using Solid works you really never want to go back to AutoCad.

Camaro_Dan
02-09-2006, 04:02 PM
I know, NEVER autocad for me after solidworks! its truly awesome!

HWY Nova
02-10-2006, 09:17 AM
I used Pro/Engineer for 8 years, and have switched to SolidWorks. I have been using SolidWorks for six years now and love it! I own a couple of early Novas and plan to use SolidWorks to design and fab parts. I'll post a picture soon of parts soon.

HWY Nova
02-10-2006, 09:52 AM
The following image is of an accessory drive is designed for a friend's big block. SolidWorks was great for this project. I even used it to calculate the belt length.

HWY Nova
02-10-2006, 10:19 AM
Attached are the actual parts based on the SolidWorks Model.

protour_chevelle
02-10-2006, 10:23 AM
What the hell is that chassis going to be?!?! On one note.... I don't like how the belt goes straight along the top of the pulleys. I think it would look nicer with a longer belt and a idler pulley in the middle to make a V.

Looks killer either way!

-Matt

HWY Nova
02-10-2006, 10:29 AM
The chassis is for a 1946 Hudson Truck.... like no other Hudson Truck you've ever seen (assuming you have even seen a Hudson Truck before). We went round and round about the belt going across like that but decided to go with this approach.

The goal of this design was to place the accessories (altenator, a/c, etc) as low as possible. Usually the blower guys have the a/c and altenator above the valve covers!

The truck will be at SEMA this year.

HWY Nova
02-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Hey CamaroDan: Keep up the great work. SolidWorks is an awesome tool.

Hopefully you are a machinist, or know a good one, that can make some of your parts. NOW THAT IS REWARDING: TO HOLD PARTS THAT YOU DESIGNED!

Camaro_Dan
02-10-2006, 02:29 PM
Thanks HWY Nova! I am not a machinist unfortunatly, nor do I know one. But I plan on getting parts made later, these parts where designed mostly to learn and for fun. I need more new ideas for new cool parts. so name some stuff you would want for your cars that is not allready available and I might do the drawings.
Thanks again! keep pictures comming!
/Dan