PDA

View Full Version : name, avatar, on left side of screen?

JamesD
08-15-2004, 10:34 PM
when you are viewing a thread how do you get all the grey part that has the persons name, avatar, post count, etc. on the left side rather than on the top of the persons post?

Ralph LoGrasso
08-15-2004, 10:36 PM
You can't change that. That is the forum layout. We may switch to that layout, and a new skin soon, it's still undecided.

JamesD
08-16-2004, 08:30 AM
personally i think that that it makes it easier to read to wholel thread. But what ever you decide is cool.

gchandler
08-16-2004, 11:06 PM
When I couldn't find a way to change the layout in my cp I found this thread. I also find that the name and avatar spanning the entire screen like they currently do make reading the thread much more difficult, it does not follow the rules of a good GUI.

The names of a posts author is important, but does not provide the meat of the message, but in the current format it is given the prominence of a title, which should in some manner summarize the message that follows.

I hope that makes some sense.

gchandler
08-16-2004, 11:07 PM
take a look at

http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/

sg69
08-17-2004, 01:41 PM
agreed, i don't much care for the current set-up. stangnet which has the other set-up is much easier to read. what ever you guys decide, this kicks the **** out of the old forum!

Nine Ball
08-17-2004, 07:49 PM
unfortunately, the newer versions of VBB do not allow the vertical layout schemes like on the older versions. Someone over at VBB should be smacked by not including that option. The one we use on LS1TECH we had to hack to make work like the older versions, as it was also set like this forum when we upgraded to VBB.

gchandler
08-18-2004, 01:37 AM
Maybe it is time for us to crack out the code books and get this show on the road. I am willing to help if something along these lines is going to be attempted.

gchandler
08-18-2004, 02:03 AM
Basically it is possible to make it so each individual user can select the type of display that he wants. The fix seems easy enough to implement and everyone is happy.

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/showthread.php?t=88171

JamesJ
08-23-2004, 04:15 PM
I may be a little behind the ball on this one but i agree that is something that really should be done. It makes is so much cleaner.

Larry Callahan
08-23-2004, 08:07 PM
This looks pretty easy. I'll try and do it this weekend.

Larry Callahan
04-30-2007, 07:14 PM
I read up more and it does not look hard to do. After YearOne I plan to upgrade the forum and I'll try that at the same time. I actually like it the way it is but options are good.