PDA

View Full Version : Tow Vehicle Color?

Johnny Blaze
02-04-2006, 08:57 AM
I bought a 1986 Chevy Short bed truck the other day. It will be my daily driver / tow vehicle / parts hauler.

It needs a little bit of body work and a repaint, but is very solid for this model truck.

It is currently dark blue with blue interior.

I will tow my IROC with it, which is bright orange.

So, it got me thinking, should I repaint it Blue, or bright orange?

I still have plenty of the copper penny pearl which I used on the IROC for the stripes, I could use it on the truck as well.

Jamming it is not a big deal for me, and not a concern.

Jim Nilsen
02-04-2006, 10:36 AM
I once saw an orange car with medium dark blue stripes and it looked great the way it was done. This would make the interior fit in the scheme of things and the truck would fit right in.

I say go for it :cheers:

Jim Nilsen

Ralph LoGrasso
02-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Having your tow vehicle match the car being towed is always cool. Of course I hope you're only towing to long distance events and races where there is the possibility of something breaking.

Johnny Blaze
02-04-2006, 02:11 PM
Yeah, the only time I would be towing is when going to the track.

Ralph LoGrasso
02-04-2006, 02:58 PM
:twothumbs

Johnny Blaze
02-04-2006, 04:24 PM
In fact, the camaro was being finished up to be my daily driver, but have been wanting a truck, and came across a deal on this one.

So now, I think I may go a bit wilder with the IROCs short block, and switch to a 6 speed as well.

toxicz28
02-04-2006, 09:21 PM
Having your tow vehicle match the car being towed is always cool. Of course I hope you're only towing to long distance events and races where there is the possibility of something breaking.

I agree 100%!!!