PDA

View Full Version : PHB frame mount location

dennis68
09-30-2004, 11:18 AM
Again I am at work not working, instead thinking about packaging the PHB on the Elco. I am looking at the new WK (Grand Cherokee) it has the PHB mount on the left side as do most vehicles qequipped with such device. I was just reading the other day on an AFCO racing forum (late model pavement), and they were discussing advantages of mounting the frame mount to the right side and then mounting the PHB to the left side axle. This was supposed to increase roll steer entering the corner (I think). Has any real world testing been done on this in an AutoX or road course set-up? Is there any advantage when cornering both left and right?

chevymike
09-30-2004, 12:52 PM
I have a funny feeling this is because they only turn left. Most likely something to do with the way the car reacts as it enters the corner. :dunno:

Personally, if your really concerned about going left and right, a Watts link would be better. No influance wheter your going left or right. My .02 worth.

dennis68
09-30-2004, 01:24 PM
I already went the Watts way on paper. It is just not going work for packaging reasons. If I were to it I would want a frame mounted bellcrank and the bracing required because of how high the frame sits in comparison to the axle is way too much. The PHB is just way too easy , just looking for input as to which side to weld the mounts to. Either side is just as easy.

zbugger
09-30-2004, 02:56 PM
Go with dual PHB's. That way it doesn't matter..... :hammer:

dennis68
09-30-2004, 03:05 PM
Allen- :getout:

Kenova
09-30-2004, 04:40 PM
Go with dual PHB's. That way it doesn't matter..... :hammer:

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Ken