PDA

View Full Version : motor frame mount questions????

73novaguy
02-01-2006, 01:47 PM
I need some help figuring out what is right and wrong here! I called Classic Industries today to get some frame mounts and some motor mounts for my car. The car is originally a small block car and now has the Gen VI big block in it. From what I have read the big block frasme mounts bolt up the same but are different in dimensions than the small block mounts. 73's never came with a big block so I have to find some combo of motor and frame mount that will correctly mount the motor. When I talked to the rep at Classic Ind he said don't but any of there mounts cause they are labeled incorectly and I won't be happy. He recomended I go to the junk yard and just scab some things in til it works. I just want to know if anyone could shine some light on this for me. I assume the 68-72 Novas are the same bolt up but the guy said he didn't think so. HELP!!!!! Pulling the motor out soon to put in Canton Oil pan and I want the right mounts first time round for when it goes back in!!!!!!

NovaPwr
02-02-2006, 07:16 PM
I need some help figuring out what is right and wrong here! I called Classic Industries today to get some frame mounts and some motor mounts for my car. The car is originally a small block car and now has the Gen VI big block in it. From what I have read the big block frasme mounts bolt up the same but are different in dimensions than the small block mounts. 73's never came with a big block so I have to find some combo of motor and frame mount that will correctly mount the motor. When I talked to the rep at Classic Ind he said don't but any of there mounts cause they are labeled incorectly and I won't be happy. He recomended I go to the junk yard and just scab some things in til it works. I just want to know if anyone could shine some light on this for me. I assume the 68-72 Novas are the same bolt up but the guy said he didn't think so. HELP!!!!! Pulling the motor out soon to put in Canton Oil pan and I want the right mounts first time round for when it goes back in!!!!!!

Justin, search this forum, I have read some threads here about the big block frame mounts. Or ask on the Nova Listserv, they have discussed it at length there also. I think I remember them saying the big block frame mounts set the motor more to one side for added clearance around the steering box. Maybe Dan H will chime in here, I think he swapped his around.......I think it was him......hth,
Dave

cad
02-23-2006, 08:22 PM
Isn't the sub frame the same as a 1970 Nova (thru 1974)?
If so, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50454&item=8033692401