PDA

View Full Version : 9" for 72 chevelle?

Gordz32
01-31-2006, 05:42 PM
Alright guys, hers the deal, My dad and I are building a 72 chevelle. BBC w/650-750 hp, tko600, air ride teechnologies all around along will 18" wheels. I'm starting to order all the parts no prior to tearing the car apart.( body is coming off to be media blasted) So I will have the frame in easy access. My problem is that I can't decide on which manufacturer to go with for the rear. I would like a bolt-in ford 9, detroit true-trac, not sure what gears to go with (any suggestions), and I will be ordering the baer track kit front and rear for the car soon as well. Moser, DTS, Currie, or strange. Also, does anyone know if they keep the chevy bolt pattern with the new axles or will I have to order the brakes for the ford bolt pattern. Any help, suggestions, will be greatly appreciated.

rob07002
02-01-2006, 08:18 AM
Its my understanding that since your getting custom axles you can get any wheel bolt pattern you want, the flange however will be a ford(if going with a 9"), prob the new style 2.5" offset big bearing style(you can chosse which). Its best to call Moser, Currie, etc direct since they know the products better then anyone and in my experience very helpful.. Since your going with a new unit you can spec the details and order the proper brake kit accordingly. Most brake co's make kits to fit most popular apps, and I do know that places like Moser are dealers for Wilwood and such so it could be a one stop shop... You can also give Laramie a call at Precision Brakes a call and ask about Wilwoods or the PB kits he as... Again Very helpful