PDA

View Full Version : Rear QA1 coil-overs, or Hotchkis leafs?

Clsccmro
01-30-2006, 07:39 PM
I'm trying to determine if qa1 rear coil-over shocks will work well with stock mono leaf springs. What are the positives and negatives of that combo? I would like to purchase either the qa1 rear coil-overs or Hotchkis leafs. Can't figure out what is the best.

I currently have air shocks with mono leafs and I can't afford to upgrade both because I'm also installing a Ford 9" (expensive). I would like to find a good compromise.

Thanks ahead of time.

andrewb70
01-30-2006, 07:47 PM
Why would you run coilovers with leafs? Just get a good set of shocks and your good to go.

Andrew

Clsccmro
01-30-2006, 08:14 PM
do I need to have leafs at all if I get coil-overs? What's better for street use: coil-overs or shocks and leafs?

derekf
01-31-2006, 06:02 AM
If you get rid of the leafs, you'd need to do something to locate the rear axle - be it a 4 link or 3 link or ladder bars - otherwise those coilovers aren't going to do a very good job of holding the car up.

If you weren't planning on doing anything extreme with the rear suspension on your car, just go ahead and get a nice set of shocks like Andrew suggested.

CAMAROBOY69
01-31-2006, 06:10 AM
Just like they said. If you get a good set of shocks you will be happy. You dont need the QA1 "coil overs" unless you have 3 or 4 link suspension. If you want QA1 you can get their 12 way adjustable shocks. I just bought them and I cant wait to put them on. Here are the ones I just bought. https://static1.pt-content.com/images/noimg.gif