PDA

View Full Version : Great Trip/New Friends

Bill Howell
01-29-2006, 03:08 PM
I just got home from a 5 day trip to Seattle/Vancouver.
I went primarily on a mill tour as a contractor, but made a couple side trips to get with some PT friends and meet a couple more.
Thursday evening my brother and I hooked up with Trevor/Nutsy and Blake/Killer69. We visited two shops, one being Blakes new shop. Several very nice projects going on there especially a 67 Beaumont that will soon sport a Morrison frame. Then a great dinner at a local resturant.
Kudos to you guys for a great evening, and again, thanks for the taxi service Trevor.
Saturday afternoon, my brother and I met James/nancejd and rode over to Art Morrison's shop. Man, what a treat. Just an outstanding operation, first class all the way. Art, I really appreciate the chance to get a private tour, on a Saturday afternoon, and check out not only the shops, but the cool toys and projects. I have already started looking for a 55, just gotta have one now that I have seen yours. Then James hauled Jeff and I across town to a great local hamburger joint and we all stuffed ourselves. Later we hooked up with Sam/Seattle Sam and a local mini brewery for a few adult beverages.
Just another great chance to meet up with a few guys, make some new friends and talk about our hobby. I incourage everyone to let people know when you are traveling and if nothing else stop and have a beer or something.
Thanks again everyone, I had a ball.

Bob Johnson
01-29-2006, 03:21 PM
I just got home from a 5 day trip to Seattle/Vancouver.
I went primarily on a mill tour as a contractor, but made a couple side trips to get with some PT friends and meet a couple more.
Thursday evening my brother and I hooked up with Trevor/Nutsy and Blake/Killer69. We visited two shops, one being Blakes new shop. Several very nice projects going on there especially a 67 Beaumont that will soon sport a Morrison frame. Then a great dinner at a local resturant.
Kudos to you guys for a great evening, and again, thanks for the taxi service Trevor.
Saturday afternoon, my brother and I met James/nancejd and rode over to Art Morrison's shop. Man, what a treat. Just an outstanding operation, first class all the way. Art, I really appreciate the chance to get a private tour, on a Saturday afternoon, and check out not only the shops, but the cool toys and projects. I have already started looking for a 55, just gotta have one now that I have seen yours. Then James hauled Jeff and I across town to a great local hamburger joint and we all stuffed ourselves. Later we hooked up with Sam/Seattle Sam and a local mini brewery for a few adult beverages.
Just another great chance to meet up with a few guys, make some new friends and talk about our hobby. I incourage everyone to let people know when you are traveling and if nothing else stop and have a beer or something.
Thanks again everyone, I had a ball.
Art Morrison was a sponsor on the Cuda and I cannot say enough good things about him. If every vendor handled their business as he does, building a car would be a lot easier. It's amazing how we fat boys always tie food and drink into our travel plans. I used to have a book that had all the good eating places across the country. I would reference it before I left and try to hit the good ones. sick puppy

speedster
01-29-2006, 03:26 PM
That's awesome Bill. Glad you had a good time. That's where boards like these are worth their weight in gold. Not only does it make the trip(s) more fun, but you get to do and see things you would normally not have been able to do; plus the locals know the great eating/drinking establishments. Nothing better. Cool Bill.

Roger Poirier
01-29-2006, 04:00 PM
It's amazing how we fat boys always tie food and drink into our travel plans. I used to have a book that had all the good eating places across the country. I would reference it before I left and try to hit the good ones. sick puppy

I laughed my as_ off! :rotfl:

BADVELLE
01-29-2006, 04:15 PM
What a great trip! That is the way business trips should always end up! LOL

69rs
01-29-2006, 04:48 PM
So, there are lot's of well tipped waitresses in the Seattle / Vancouver area now? Sounds like you had a good time!

killer69
01-29-2006, 05:19 PM
Just wanted to say thanks to Bill for taking some time out of his obviously busy schedual to take the time to stop by our shop and check out what we are working on.

Also had a short discussion about "put up or shut up" sounds like it could be a good time, don't think we will have the Beaumont done in time for this year but already talked to the customer and we will be ready next year. hope you can make it BOB

nancejd
01-29-2006, 05:30 PM
I had a great time too Bill. You and Jeff are welcome out here anytime.

DarkBuddha
01-29-2006, 06:47 PM
What the hell?!!???!! I totally got snubbed... I had no idea you were coming up this way. I would've loved to meet any and all of you. I have to admit that I'm a bit of a recluse (primarily because of a lack of time), but I'd love to fraternize with some fellow enthusiasts. All of the folks I hang with are academics and musicians, and not a car guy among them. So, next time ya'll are getting together just tell me where I can stalk you. :lurk: :help:

Bill Howell
01-29-2006, 07:07 PM
Sorry about that DB, I did not realize you lived there. I had a post last week about it. You should get with James, they have a nice camaro club there, it sounds very active. Maybe they will let you bring a mustang.lol
We ate at XXX last night, killer food. I had been eating seafood for 4 days so the change was nice.
Jim, After the $75 taxi ride, I was a bit light for tips.....lol
I did con James into driving us all around Seattle for food and beer later though. He will be upset when he realizes how much gas he burned for that "free" meal and beer ...lol
Bob, I need a copy of that book you got. Fat boys know where to eat, and I figure your notes can save me time and trouble. The bad thing about loving food as much as I do, I can be completely full right now, but in 4 hours I know I will be ready again....lol

DarkBuddha
01-29-2006, 08:13 PM
No big deal... I do need to hook up with some of the other folks, even if they do drive Camaros. Oh, and Bill, the next time you're up here and want some great food, see if you can get to the Sunday brunch at Salty's on Alki. Easily the best gourmet quality buffet I've ever consumed. It's pricey, but totally worth it! Oh, and as a fat guy (and I mean fat), I'd also recommend the 12 egg omletts and bottomless hashbrowns at Beth's Cafe on Aurora... and it's cheap by Seattle standards.

Bob Johnson
01-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Sorry about that DB, I did not realize you lived there. I had a post last week about it. You should get with James, they have a nice camaro club there, it sounds very active. Maybe they will let you bring a mustang.lol
We ate at XXX last night, killer food. I had been eating seafood for 4 days so the change was nice.
Jim, After the $75 taxi ride, I was a bit light for tips.....lol
I did con James into driving us all around Seattle for food and beer later though. He will be upset when he realizes how much gas he burned for that "free" meal and beer ...lol
Bob, I need a copy of that book you got. Fat boys know where to eat, and I figure your notes can save me time and trouble. The bad thing about loving food as much as I do, I can be completely full right now, but in 4 hours I know I will be ready again....lol
can you PM me about how their Oriental Massage Parlors stack up against ours over here?? 12 egg omletts..greasy hash browns..trying to give us a stroke? I'm not saying I have a cholesterol problem, but I cut myself the other day and mayonaise came out instead of blood

Bill Howell
01-29-2006, 08:59 PM
Oriental Massage Parlors? :angel: I have to claim the 5th on that one.

The xxx is a hamburger joint, just to clear the air........ One hamburger choice on the menu is a triple 1/2 pound patty deal. I am a big boy, but that I had to pass on that one.

Bob, if you would quit visiting Waffle House every night, you will live longer.......

Bob Johnson
01-30-2006, 04:20 AM

The xxx is a hamburger joint, just to clear the air........ One hamburger choice on the menu is a triple 1/2 pound patty deal. I am a big boy, but that I had to pass on that one.

Bob, if you would quit visiting Waffle House every night, you will live longer.......
only place I can get laid.. commonly referred to as The Awful House...love the smell of spent rancid fry oil permeating the hair of a Waffle House Waitress..take out them false teeth mama cause I'm gonna suck your gums..and that resultant gum job.. it's my t fine...done flung a cravin on me..plus the shift changes here in a few minutes..I'm on my way..

steemin
01-30-2006, 06:14 AM
This thread has taken on a life of its own...
Subscribing!
Scott

David Sloan
01-30-2006, 07:00 AM
Your Killin me!!!! LOL LOL :woot:

Bob Johnson
01-30-2006, 09:37 AM

hamburger joint?? XXX sounds like a furburger joint to me

CraigMorrison
01-30-2006, 09:53 AM
Bill- I am so glad that you were able to meet up with Art and get the 25-cent tour. I just wish I could've been there to meet you guys. Maybe next time. Either that or when we go down to visit Alloway we might have to stop in and have a few brews with you.

Bill Howell
01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
Bill- I am so glad that you were able to meet up with Art and get the 25-cent tour. I just wish I could've been there to meet you guys. Maybe next time. Either that or when we go down to visit Alloway we might have to stop in and have a few brews with you.

Now that sounds like a plan! I hate I missed you too Craig, but the tour was fantastic. Oh, really enjoyed driving the 40 too.....lol..j/k
Be sure to let me know when you are in town, Bobby is only about an hour away from here, probably only 25 miles, just across a mountian.