PDA

View Full Version : Installing Vintage Air Gen 2 in 67 Camaro

mike67cam
01-29-2006, 01:18 PM
:help:
I have a few questions for anyone who has installed a Vintage Air unit in first generation Camaro using the Detroit Speed Bracket.
First, where did you mount the heater control valve? I am looking at mounting it behind the inner fender but not yet sure this is the best location.

Also how did you route your lines from the bulkhead fitting to the Vintage Air unit? Did you use hard or flexible line? Any picture would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

rockdogz
01-29-2006, 02:59 PM
Mike,
I installed the unit with the DSE bracket in my '68. The car is in the paint shop right now and I can't find any pictures of this for some reason. I mounted the heater control valve just inside the car as the lines come off the bulkhead. It was pretty tight. I used regular heater hose and the A/C lines that came with the kit after I had an A/C shop crimp the ends on. I'm a little worried about some of the heater hose lines kinking, but I did run the engine a bit and everything seemed ok. Did you already mount your bulkhead in the firewall, or are you thinking of using the inner fender? That might work out pretty well. Mounting the drier in the inner fender is something else I heard of doing to keep things clean.

edit: just checked out your site - really nice project BTW! It was cool reading about your build-up! :twothumbs

mike67cam
01-29-2006, 09:33 PM
Tom

Thanks for the compliment on my project. The site is a little out of date but I shold have new picture posted soon. The sub-frame is back in the car and I am working on all of the plumbing. If you find any pictures of your VA setup, please send them my way. I was thinking about mounting the control valve in the car but was concerned about kinking the hose as well. I guess I need to take a closer look.

Thanks! :cheers: