PDA

View Full Version : New member w/ a question.

4TH Gen X-Body
09-29-2004, 09:15 AM
Hey all, I just found this site the other day..and thought it was pretty cool. I was hoping to get a little bit of info from you guys about suspensions, since in the past ive only done body work, and engine work. I have a 76 Nova, its more on the drag side then road race. But id like to make it a Pro-Touring car in the near future (soon as I save up the money).

I already have planned out what ill be running far as engine, trans, rear end, what size rims & brakes I want to run...and all the other stuff far as body and all. But I was wonder, in your opinion, what I should run far as front suspension, and rear suspension. I havent had alot of time to look over the forum, but I see you guys have good opinions on the 3 link set up. My nova being a 4th gen, doesnt make it easy to find a suspension kit....however I am going to build a tubular chassis to set the body on. I still need some opinions on what to run for the front and rear tho.

Any help at all would be appreciated.

4TH Gen X-Body
09-30-2004, 06:06 PM
No body has any opinions on different supsensions?

BlazerSpeed
09-30-2004, 09:54 PM
well, like you said many guys on here have a love for the three link. what it really comes down to is what you want to use the car for, is it going to see a lot of track time? is it a badass daily driver? I would say look at a modified camaro front suspension, perhaps a wayne due subframe, browse the suspension section for ideas. For the rear you have tons of options. 3 link, 4 link, IRS, modded leaf spring...etc Im sure others can interject their opinions.
DEREK

4TH Gen X-Body
10-01-2004, 01:13 PM
The car, when built, will see some track time. It will also see a good bit of road time...but mostly just something to drive on the weekends or something.