PDA

View Full Version : Help me out with Fuel Rails?

phoenixdawg
01-27-2006, 07:59 AM
I have 99 LS1 that I am planning to install on a 68 Camaro Vert. I am confused as to what I really need to do for the fuel rails. I understand that I should have the fuel rails modified to the pre 99 set up, S&P want to sell this service. Is it worth it? What are my options:

Install a sumped tanked and run an external regulator therefore I won't have to modify the rails?

If I run an internally regulated gas tank, would I be forced to modify the rails?

Don't really know or understand what I have to do here, any help would be greatly appreciated.

I assume fuel rails are not something that can just be swapped ie. a 98 fuel rail on 99 motor?

nitrovette
01-27-2006, 08:03 AM
yes you can install a 98 rail onto the 99 motor ,if you want a return rail setup then thats what you want.Im using a single rail with a intank pump with a 99 fuel filter/regulator setup bolted to the rail with the lines coming out of my tank into the filter then one single line going ot the fuel rail.If your going to use fuel rail covers you just have to get the ones for which rail you use too,one has one slit in it the 97-98 covers have 2 slits in it for the lines.