PDA

View Full Version : AFR heads

blown69nova
09-28-2004, 07:58 PM
Anyone using afr 195 or 210 heads? What do you think of the quality and do they live up to their hype? Any suggestions on these or any other sbc cylinder heads?
By the way, this is for a 383, procharger, hyd roller etc. etc.
Thanks, Steve

DB Z28
09-29-2004, 03:22 AM
I Have a Set of ARRs 210 cnc .I flowed them at work and the intake numbers were off but the exhaust was right on or slightly higher than advertised. I called AFR about the problem of the intake and the had very good tech help and they said send them in And they fixed it . What it was the short turn radius on the intake was a step where the two angles from the cnc milling coming in to the intake runner to the intake seat guide area .I could of easly fixed it myself buy blending the two areas but for the money I payed let them fix it. Got them back I reflowed them and the numbers were right on. Their service was very good. The reason I flowed them was to pick the right cam for the engine a 383cu and not to over cam the the head flow. Nice heads and good power from them . Had Brodix heads before they were good to. :3gears:

CAMAROBOY69
09-29-2004, 06:27 AM
I would like to know as much about AFR heads as possible too. I will be investing in some within the next 2 years and I keep hearing a lot of good responses about AFR heads.

Lowend
09-29-2004, 11:17 PM
Hands down the best off the shelf heads on the market.
Almost every major engine build up I have done in the last 5 years has used AFR heads. Our number speak for themselves

Some companies can match AFR's peak flow numbers - but on one can touch their mid lift flow #'s
The 210 is one of the most versitile heads I have ever seen

kman67rsss
09-30-2004, 04:23 PM
i cant speak from a performance stance because the car isnt running yet, but they are beautiful. my girl friend even thinks they are beautiful, and all she see's is a $2k chunk of aluminum for that "Big Block thing" in the car