PDA

View Full Version : G-body stuff

dgumoe
09-28-2004, 07:26 PM
hey guys, this is my first post under this SN. i used to be 84eldiablo for anyone who remembers im one of the few G body fanatics here. anyways, heres my post. im in the midst of a redesign of my stock gage cluster and i find myself in a pickle of sorts. well not really. basically what ive done is 3/4 completed a reengineering of the stock gage housing to hold both the tach and speedo plus up to 5 2 1/16 gages. in doing this i find myself with the leftover parts that are going to be the mold for fabricating this whole thing out of fiberglass. what im getting at is im going to do this no matter who responds or who cares. but im going to have these molds laying around doing nothing so knowing that g-body parts are few and far between if anyone out there has a monte carlo, el camino, cutlass or a regal and is interested in a new gage cluster, drop me a line. email is [email protected] later- jon

eldogg
10-08-2004, 03:38 PM
can you send me some pics? i got a 79 elco and i did my cluster out of sheet metal w/ 2-3 1/8 & 4-2 1/16. let me know i might be interrested in redoing mine.thanks eldogg

dgumoe
10-12-2004, 05:03 PM
as soon as i get this finished ill post pics. my first attempt at making a mold worked but im not happy with the results so im going another route. hopefully ill have something to show in a couple of weeks. if not it wont be too much longer than that and as soon as i have a finished product ill post the pics.